Posada Doña Lupe

Jirira, Bolivia

Posada Doña Lupe Jirira Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
a comfy bed near the Salt Flats Jul 30, 2011
Our 2nd night on the salt flats was spent at the Posada Doña Lupe. The Posada is located in Jirira, a village close to the flats and is hidden behind a big iron gate.

Inside the gate there's a square courtyard with rooms and buildings on all sides. Currently an entire new wing is being added. On the Courtyard there's a construction of dead cactus wood, where the pet parrot is holding court.

We got a tripple room on the first floor. Again this was very basic accommodation in a room containing 3 beds, a bedside table and an electrical plug! There were ample blankets on the bed but as there was no heating I did use my sleeping bag as well. I really loved the disney blankets we had on the bed and the carpet on the floor. Obviously here's an eye for details.

The bathroom were shared facilities downstairs and I did not see a shower. Though I heard there are rooms with a bathroom too.

As the staircase from the first floor down did not have any railing, I'd find it very dangerous to go to the bathroom at night. Therefor we improvised a hallway toilet from a cut open gallon bottle of water :-)

The "comedor" did not have any heating, even though there was a stove, but it was not allowed to use it. Needless to say that breakfast and dinner were very very cold and we had to eat with our coats on.

The Posada Doña Lupe is fine to spend a night while exploring the salt flats, but I would not recommend a long term stay... unless you get perhaps one of the more upscale rooms?
entrance to the posada
the "scary" staircase (picture fr…
the hallway