Posada Brisa do Mar

Barreirinhas, Brazil
Posada Brisa do Mar - Dune in the city
Posada Brisa do Mar - Little TV in the room is super funny, but the real TV is on the commode.

Check Barreirinhas Hotel Deals

Posada Brisa do Mar Barreirinhas Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Gate to Lençóis Maranhenses Jun 19, 2011
We arrived to this town with vague idea about where to stay. Most information available were pointing towards expensive places (40-50 reales per person), but I knew that there must be few smaller places just right for us.

First posada that I tried did not have space (we arrived on the weekend) and rooms where 20-25 reales withoutwith bathroom in the room, but it did not take long till I found Posada Brisa do Mar on the bank of the river. Owner was nice lady, and we made deal very quickly for 25pp with breakfast, and usage of kayaks. She also made us deal for the tour of Lanchos for 40r pp, (which is priced 50 reales everywhere else in town) which was excellent experience and something worth paying for.

Room we got had 3 separate beds, TV, good fan, well lighten and clean. Beds are firm and pretty new, with linen that any kid would love due to many characters printed all over. Bathroom was a bit smaller and there was only one on few rooms around, but everything worked just fine because not too many people were in town during low season(towels were provided too). Building that we stayed is right across the road from the Posada’s main building where you eat breakfast and enjoy in the river. I must say that breakfast was excellent, with fresh fruit, juices, good bread, ham, cheese, eggs, and good coffee to start the day. Just remembering that I wanted to take room for 20 reales and without breakfast made me feel silly. Only minus is that they dont have internet, but there is internet place two blocks away.

I took kayak for a ride, and went across the river into marshes and lily pods. River water is ok to swim, and there are no serious polluters in the area.

Posada is located 5-6 blocks from the center of the town, and everything is close by. You absolutely don’t need any taxi service in this town. River “port” area is four blocks away and it has few nice restaurants and cafés. Most of cafes are seriously overpriced (more than good restaurants in US), and if there is live music in the restaurant, they will charge you good money for it. We found few cheep restaurants around the market area, with ok food (meet, rice, beans, salad)and priced 6-10 reales.

Most important place to go to in the area is Lanchos, and should not be missed. Most of the people go to the laguna’s that are closest to town (still good 15km away) but there is also option of going down the river to villages close to the ocean and entering the Lanchos from there. We were in town on Saturday, and that boat was not available. We took 4x4 Toyota trucks that fit 9 people and go through rivers, lakes, send dunes and almost impossible angles.

Generally we got great deal and I assume that during the season you wont be able to get anything for less than 40 reales. I warmly recommend this posada for its affordability, good breakfast, good rooms and great owner.
Dune in the city