Portsmouth Gas Light Co.

64 Market Street, Portsmouth, NH, USA

Portsmouth Gas Light Co. Reviews

dansgirl1978 dansgirl…
Delicious Pizza and great atmosphere Oct 12, 2009
First of all this restaurant has 4 levels- Street Level is the main restaurant specializing in pub fare (burgers, salads, chowder etc...) downstairs is the Downtown Brick Oven Pizza & Pub (which is where we ate)- which serves amazing brick fired pizza- soooooo good!!!, there is also the deck level which serves the food from the street level but has live music and outdoor seating and last is the third floor which is a night club.

When we first walked in we were offered the choice of the street level restaurant or the pizza downstairs. The hostess was so great, I had a nice chat with her while my husband was in the restroom. She really was the first truly friendly person I'd come in contact with on this trip to New England.

Our experience at the Downtown Brick Oven Pizza and Pub was great. The staff was really friendly and the pizza is the best I've had in a long time. The crust is amazing and thick and the sauce was just spicy enough. The pizzas are served on a large platter set up next to your table, so that the table is free of clutter. Your waiter serves you the first slice and when it was time to go and we wanted to take the rest of our pizza the waiter packed it up for us. If we lived closer we'd definitely go back again and again. I highly recommend it.
dansgirl1978 says:
Stigen it was amazing!!! wish I could go back- but I live across the country from it. :)
Posted on: Oct 18, 2009