Portobello, New Zealand

Portobello Reviews

funinuk funinuk
Apr 16, 2003
Portobello is the heart of the Otago Peninsula. The Otago Peninsula is Dunedin’s most valuable asset.

From the village, roads also lead out to the Portobello Peninsula as well as Allans Beach and the back bays.

It is also halfway between Dunedin and Taiaroa Head.

Portobello is one of very few villages in Otago where the village commercial centre is adjacent to the sea and where most amenities and attractions can be found within a few hundred metres.

Activities and attractions here include: The Fish hatchries and aquarium, The happy hen house and craft store, 1908 cafe amd many more.
My Grandad's old boatshed

Related Travel Blogs About Portobello

Friday - Portobello Baths, Squee! and more shows.
On Friday Morning, we decided that we would go and investigate the Baths at Portobello (technically, the Portobello Swim Centre).  They are a splendid victorian bath house, recently refurbished.…Portobello (technically, the Portobello Swim Centre).  They are a splendid victorian bath house, recently refurbished.  Of course…
Book fair/Southwark/Portobello BY MYSELF!
Today I decided to quit being a baby and go into the city on my own. Because I usually have a male escourt (interpret that as you wish... you know, Zach, Josh, Big Dave, Mr. Cavaille, etc...) going…Portobello Road. Portobello wasn't as exciting as it was the first time I was there. I think…
Dag 2 // Day 2
English version can be found below Altijd een onrustige nacht zo’n eerste nacht in een hotel maar toch werden we redelijk uitgerust wakker. Toen Ellen en ik bij het ontbijt aankwamen bleken E…Portobello Road dus dat waren twee vliegen in één klap. Notting Hill is een vreselijk leuke wijk…

Compare Dunedin Hotel Rates (11.8km away)

Portobello Map