Portland Tree Lighting

Pioneer Square, Portland, OR, USA

Portland Tree Lighting Reviews

binky binky
Nov 28, 2007
The Portland Christmas Tree Lighting! After living in Portland for many years, I had no idea that they even had one. In fact the first time I went to it I was with a couple friends and we ran into it accidentally as we were grabbing dinner.

Okay, let me start out by saying this is not the Rockefeller Tree Lighting ceremony in NYC, it is a lot smaller though they follow the same formula. A host, singers and a big tree that lights up. Oregon knows big trees but they don’t know how to decorate them all that impressively at least not at Pioneer Square, but then again I can see why, if you put too much stuff on the tree, I have a feeling things would “disappear” so it is probably smart and economical.

It is very crowded there, so if you want to see anything it is best to show up early, though dress warmly. Otherwise it will be miserable for you! But it is fun for families and I could see making a night out of it. You know go to the tree lighting, get cocoa or dinner and maybe some shopping since there are many stores in the area.

Related Travel Blogs About Portland Tree Lighting

Portland, Oregon - Joys From the Freezing Tree Lighting Ceremony
    What can be said bout the Portland Tree Lighting?  A few years back I had stumbled up the Portland Tree Lighting quite by accident.  A friend of mine was visiting Portland w…Portland Tree Lighting?   A few years back I had stumbled up the Portland Tree Lighting quite by accident…

Check Portland Hotel Deals