Porter Airlines

Porter Airlines Toronto Reviews

world-traveller123 world-tr…
One of the Best Short Range Airlines Jul 30, 2009
Porter Airlines Review

This is my review of Porter Airlines.

Porter Airlines is a new Airline that is based out of Canada.

I choose this airline to try out as they just added a new route from flying out of Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada to Toronto. I wanted to fly to Chicago, as Porter flies there. I decided to book a ticket with them and try out this new airline.

Porter is a newer airline, and they fly new planes more of a twin prop plane that is quite efficient then other airlines. Porter chooses to fly the state-of-the-art Bombardier Q400, which is a very technologically-advanced aircraft. It’s fast, quiet and offers custom leather seats with two to three inches more legroom than typical economy-class seating. It is truly a better way to fly.

I get onto the plane in Thunder Bay for flying to Toronto as the first leg of the journey to Chicago. I got a warm welcome from the ticket counter staff. Very friendly and helpful, as well very fast and efficient.

As I boarded the plane I noticed there was 3 to 4 more inches of leg room and the seats were very comfortable. After the plane was flying in the air, I noticed that it was quite quiet and very little vibration from the propellers.

The take off was very impressive.Takeoff was impressive. Ive never felt a Dash 8 really push me into my seat before, this one certainly did. We were off before the halfway point of the runway climbing into a sunny break in the overcast. We made a slow left hand turn to the east before climbing into the overcast. The noise level was more than acceptable.

On board service was very good from the flight attendants, a very beautiful, young blond woman was working the floor and provided a “Real” smile for everyone.

A half sandwich and a fruit cup was provided as a glass of juice in a real glass was provided. Very good.

Landing at the Toronto City Centre airport. Porter airlines has their own lounge there. Included in the lounge for all passengers is free WIFI internet as well there are computer on far side for free to use. There is also free coffee, tea, Soda, juice, water and cookies for everyone as well. Toronto City Airport is right in the city vs flying to Pearson which is way far out there.

My flights to Chicago was very good, I would say it was a good experience. Landing in Chicago, Porter flies to the smaller airport of Midway, not O’Hare international and it’s a much quiet airport. Which was also a major plus to flying with them.

On return back to Toronto and then to Thunder Bay the flights were really good and I would highly recommend everyone to fly with Porter. This is the best way anyone could fly right now. I will tell you all to fly with them right away.
Porter Airlines
GMendozaFilms says:
You'll never want to land in Pearson International ever again. Everything else is archaic after Porter.
Posted on: Aug 16, 2012
NJTProadcruiser says:
I am flying with them next month from Newark to Toronto.
Posted on: Jul 22, 2011