Portal Day Tours / Split Excursions

www.split-excursions.com - Phone/Fax: +385 21 360 061

Portal Day Tours / Split Excursions Reviews

almond72 almond72
Portal Day Tours - Blue Cave & Hvar Island Group Tour May 09, 2015
Portal Day Tours is based in Split,Crotia. Being in Dalmatia, (where are those dogs anyway ? haven't seen any of them during the entire trip), they offer a variety of day trips (or private tours if you are feeling like a million) to the many many places in the region.

I took 2 tours from them. One was a Dubrovnik day trip, the other was the this Blue Cave & Hvar Island Group Tour. I missed out on an earlier trip during the week. hahahaha The tickets were sold out. So, I booked this one instead. This tour is popular for many those outside of the region who can't spare the time for the slow & scenic route.

What did I like about this tour ? The captains Matko & Ante were great during the trip. Maybe I just liked being on a fast vessel (of any sort) again. They took us out of Split harbour (without capsizing other boats anchored there - darn these safety regulations), and we soon passed the nearby islands. They pointed out the various points of interest like the secluded church on Ciovo, old military installations and even the island where the dad of one of the captains lived !

And all this before we even got to our 1st stop of our tour. There is about 1-1.5hrs at each of the various stops. This gives you enough time for a brisk walk to see the places and decide if you want to come back another time. Lunch is handed out at Komisar (sandwich), bring your own if you have specific preferences. (I did - yum yum, giant grilled chicken sandwich)

Route is : Split - Blue cave - Komisar Island - Green Cave - Budihovac Island - Hvar Island - Split

I would highly recommend them for this tour alone. They have a good crew of drivers, vessel captains, guides & office staff, which are able to handle various languages.

*remember your travel documents when crossing borders, especially Split-Dubrovnik which goes through Bosnia. The horror stories relating to this are really funny. (when it happens to someone else)
Vessel Control Station
We gather here to wait for boat.
Made a trial run at boarding the s…
almond72 says:
Of course, we stole the boat and brought it back Malaysia, registered in their names. ahahaha, we are the world's most active piracy region. Somalia, pah ! amateurs.
Posted on: Jul 21, 2015
EmEm says:
nice boat tour indeed, it's fascinating where you have been all that...you even remember the captains' names
Posted on: Jul 21, 2015