Portada del Alva

Check Lima Hotel Deals

Portada del Alva Lima Reviews

Belluomo Belluomo
Jul 23, 2007
I found out about this lovely B&B from the family that owns D'Osma B&B in Barranco. It's located just a half block from the park and ocean on the northern end of Av. Ejercito in Miraflores. Close enough to Pardo and Berlin streets but yet removed enough to experience total quiet day and night (except for construction going on next door).

There are 3 singles, 2 doubles, and 3 triples, as well as a 4-room apartment for let upstairs. I stayed in a charming single off the courtyard with grass, fountain, grill and tiled walls. The room was very tiny, with just enough room for a double bed and small bathroom. The bed was exceptionally comfortable though. The shower had an electric hot water heater that needed some delicate adjustment to keep it warm/hot without the light turning off and pressure dropping and going cold. Included in the price was a TV with cable and breakfast and use of the kitchen and refrigerator, wireless internet, and use of the common room and other computer terminals if needed. Basically I was told to consider it as my own home. She even gave me front door keys so I could come and go when I wanted.

The manager, Rosangela, couldn't have been any nicer. She offered advice about Lima and Peru, recommendations and family and friend contacts in other parts of Peru, rides around town if needed, and even bought me an ice cream one night when I had a headache.

My room cost only $15 a night but can be negotiated depending on length of stay. They gave me a significant discount because I stayed for 2 weeks.

I can't recommend this B&B enough!!

Check Lima Hotel Deals