Port of Los Angeles

425 S. Palos Verdes St. San Pedro, San Pedro, CA, USA

Port of Los Angeles San Pedro Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Boat Tour Oct 24, 2017
I wanted to see the Angels Gate Lighthouse and I thought that the best way to do that would be to take a harbor tour. At the port in San Pedro there are least three places where you can get a boat tour. I had decided against going to Catalina, and Spirit Tours only runs on the weekend, but I couldn't remember the name of the other harbor tour company. We got to Spirit Tours first, but the van guy drove a little farther and then I saw that it was a place with the memorable name of L.A. Waterfront Sportfishing & Cruises. We heard a girl on the loudspeaker saying that the tour left in 45 minutes.

We found the boat and were told to go back to the green building to get a ticket. After we identified the green building, we went in and they said that they needed 5 people to go out and do the harbor tour but that so far we were the only two. I asked if I could pay the senior rate ($10.00) for the other three people if there were not enough to go.

Polly paid for our tickets and we waited to see if I needed to buy three more. The captain (T.J.) came in and we discussed what we could see if we were the only two people. He said he had changed from sports fishing to tours because his daughter was tired of him being out all night. Before the time to leave, four other people showed up and so I didn't have to pay extra.

It was very hot (I heard 105 F) and the benches that had been in the sun were too hot to sit on. I left the scooter and went up on the deck.

It was a nice tour and very informative. I got some photos of the original Port Building, the Angels Gate Los Angeles Lighthouse and the sea lions on the green buoy. We also saw the

Famous Vincent Thomas Bridge