Port Levy B&B

Port Levy B&B - The garden

Port Levy B&B Reviews

sim1 sim1
Wish I could have stayed longer in Port Levy B&B Apr 02, 2017
One of the best places I have stayed in during my New Zealand trip. This place was really a hidden gem, as well for the location as for the hosts. The only regret is that I only had one night here, I could have easily stayed here a whole week (and that doesn't happen so often to me).

The price per night for the B&B isn't the cheapest, but the dinner however was really value for money! I was a bit sceptical att first if the 3 course meal could be any good, as this isn't an real restaurant. But the hosts are actually excellent cooks and I enjoyed our dinner from beginning to end!

Port Levy is a place to stay if you enjoy nature, peace and quiet and fabulous views. The ones that know me, also know that this is just the type of place that I love! Located in a sheltered bay on the Banks Pennisula, far away from hectic life, overlooking the amazing blue colour of the sea in the bay, I couldn't have wished for much more. Quails are running around in the garden, and if you are really really lucky (which I wasn't) you could see Hector Dolphins or Orca Whales from the house.

We were the only ones staying that night, which meant that we had the lower floor of the B&B all to ourselves. The room maybe isn't the biggest, but the decoration is charming and of high quality. The bed was very comfy and there were doors out to the garden with a little sitting area. Next to the room was a really nice bathroom, with a bath with a view. And as you can guess, the view was fantastic from here.

To be honest, we weren't in the room much. The hosts are so hospitable, so instead we spent most of the evening in the living room, dining and talking about all and nothing with Martin and Verity. I had so much fun that I even forgot to take a dip in the Hot Tub outside in the garden! As said, I could have stayed here many nights more. Not only for the B&B, but also for the surrounding area. The Banks Peninsula was such a positive surprise to me. A beautiful area where I could have walked and driven around for several days in a row, taking endless photos of the landscape. From the moody and misty atmosphere when we arrived, to the blue skies and sunshine during the next day; both were just as captivating.

So to my standard final question: would I stay here again? Oh yes!!! Put me on a plane and I would fly there again straight away :-)
View from the room
View from the room
starship1 says:
Sounds like a great place!
Posted on: Apr 03, 2017
AdamR3723 says:
You have 'sold' the place to me!
Posted on: Apr 01, 2017