Porcao

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Porcao - keep on coming...
Porcao - keep on coming...

Porcao Rio de Janeiro Reviews

mayerel mayerel
Be ready to eat, Vegetarians, stay home! May 10, 2010
Holy cow, literally! I do not think I have ever, in my life, eaten so much amazing food! I would still be sitting there eating if it weren't so disgusting to think how fat I would be!

This is a very traditional Brazilian steakhouse with (sometimes cute) men walking around with hunks of meat on essentially swords! They had every cut of beef, pork, chicken hearts, and everything I ate was perfect! The meat was so tender, perfectly seasoned, and just melted in your mouth!

My mother warned me to skip the salad buffet and I should have listened! Just when you think it's all over, and you can't fit one more bite of food into your stomach, here they come rolling out the dessert cart, have whatever you want!

So glad we had to walk back to the hotel!
yadilitta yadilitta
Porcao - a paradise for the senses Apr 02, 2008
I went here with a group of Brazilian colleagues. We were celebrating somebody's birthday and they told me this place was THE ONE and you know, they didn't lie at all. Porcao is DELICIOUS!

This place has many things to write about it. So, I'd try to do my best:

Ok, regarding the food: Porcao makes the Brazilian rodizio style, it means waiters serve everything all the time and you pay a fixed price. The meat is amazing, even if you are not a huge meat fan. Once you sit down the waiters will come with many different cuts of meat that they carve onto your plate. Use the little tongs they give you to hold the meat while they cut. Let them know how cooked you like your meat, so the ones who come to you will be the ones who have your favorite ones. They're usually all over you trying to stuff as much steak as possible. For me the best cut was: the Picanha (Top sirloin cut very lean and juicy, golden brown on the outside and medium rare inside)

But you donĀ“t have to be a carnivorous meat lover to enjoy this place. They also have a great salad bar with everything you can imagine (sushi, breads, cheese, salads, soup, etc).

As appetizers, they will serve you different things, but my favorites were: Pao De Queijo (Brazilian cheese bread) & Banana Frita (Fried Cinnamon-glazed bananas).

Now, the service is excellent. The waiters are extreamly helpful and can't see you with an empty plate. They are always changing the dirty dishes and bringing more meat and sides. It seems they have everyone covered and are constantly looking out for their customers

This very well designed restaurant has a big plus: the location! They are in Flamengo in Aterro do Flamengo. So just the view of the Sugar Loaf and Guanabara Bay is breathtaking.

Everything here is perfect. The vibe is excellent. It might be more expensive than other places, but definitely is worth! Make an effort and you won't regret.
yadilitta says:
It's a whole experience. You'd love it :)
Posted on: Apr 17, 2008
hdao74 says:
I hear that Porcao is better than Fogo de Chao. I guess I'll have to go to Brazil to try it out. =)
Posted on: Apr 16, 2008
lucabrassi lucabras…
Best meat joint in Rio Apr 08, 2008
Porcao is something else. They have several locations. Visit any of them. You will be shocked when you experience this place. Go there on an EMPTY stomach. Do you hear me...EMPTY. You will eat soo much food. Soo much different types of meats. I have to visit this place on the start and end of trip to Brazil.

Related Travel Blogs About Porcao

Are you a carnivore??
I had to dedicate a whole blog to one of the marvels Brazil has to offer:  the churrascaria.  For those who have never been to Brazil, if are a carnivore like myself, this is the place to g…Rio de Janeiro .   The place was called Porcao.   I have never been to the Atlanta-version of the Brazilian…

Check Rio de Janeiro Hotel Deals