Popeye's Chophouse

618-526-7369

Popeye's Chophouse Saint Rose Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Smalltown Restaurant Worth the Drive Jun 01, 2013
Popeye's Chophouse is one of those places that you would never expect in a small town such as St. Rose, but there it is. You can't go wrong with anything. In addition to the regular menu of steaks, pork chops, and chicken entrees, Popeye's has nightly specials, decadent dishes of stuffed porkchops and seafood and other steak options. Included with your entree (I got a regular ribeye, my favorite cut of steak), is a salad and choice of potato. I got blue cheese dressing and a baked sweet potato -- I didn't know there were extra charges for both, 50 cents for the blue cheese dressing and 75 cents for the sweet potato. Of course, this doesn't amount to much when you're already spending $20+/entree.

The food is delicious, mouthwatering steak. We also ordered a piece of Italian Cream cake for dessert, and that wasa little of a disappointment. I think the cake was kept in the refridgerator, because it was chilled and the cream cheese/coconut icing was thick and cold. I prefer cake at room temperature.

Popeye's is always busy. It's helpful to make a reservation. We did, but they managed to not have it on the list. The accommodated our group of five fairly quickly, despite not having the reservation. The waitstaff bustles around to keep the food and drinks coming, and the owner makes his round to check on each table. Our waiter went above and beyond for me. We ordered appetizers of sauteed mushrooms and onion rings. I asked if the onion rings had been deepfried in the same grease as the shrimp (I'm deathly allergic to shellfish). He went to the kitchen to double-check, but also advised me not to eat the mushrooms, which I already had on my plate. I didn't know they had been flash-fried in grease, too. And, sure enough, it was the same grease. I fully commend him for saving me a trip to the hospital (which is 20 minutes away) because I would have eaten the mushrooms, otherwise.

Popeye's is a great restaurant, practically out in the missle of nowhere. St. Rose is out in the country, about a half hour east of St. Louis. I highly recommend eating at Popeye's.
Popeye's Chop House

Compare Highland Hotel Rates (11.8km away)

Popeye's Chophouse Map