Pop Hostel

Check Madrid Hotel Deals

Pop Hostel Madrid Reviews

lovely_lori88 lovely_l…
Not bad hostel in Madrid! Jul 11, 2008
This is the hostel that I chose for our group in Spain to stay in. Basically the criteria that Lauro set out for me when he gave me the task of choosing the hostel for Madrid was cheap, and this was the cheapest we could find. It was 17 euro a night which isn't too bad for Europe and it was the cheapest we could find with the most amount of beds. Online it says that if you have a group of 6 or more (even if you book seperatley) you will be kicked out. Don't listen to this as they don't care. Everyone at the hostel is really laid back and cool and doesn't have a worry in the World. It's great. I couldn't even pay when I arrived as their card machine was down but the guy was just like, "don't even worry about it." So back to the rule...yeah we had about 12 people staying here and it was quite evident that we were a fairly large group and they didn't say anything. You can get rooms from 4 beds to 12 beds. We were in a 4 bed dorm and it was a decent size with out own ensuite bathroom that honestly wasn't disgusting. The beds weren't uncomfortable but you could tell they were hostel bunk beds as they sagged down quite a bit. Basically the whole hostel is a giant square and you can just go round and round. There is a common area with some couches and a tv and then another area that has a whole bunch of tables and 2 computers with free internet (there is no access to the internet after 11pm). There is also free breakfast in the morning which is toast, cereal, coffee, tea etc. Classic backpackers breakfast! But if that doesn't fancy you there is a decently equipped kitchen to cook your own meals and a big fridge and freezer to keep it all in. Location is not too bad, right near a metro station, some fun bars, and within walking distance to the city centre and tourist attractions. All in all I would recommend this hostel to anyone. If you are travelling alone it seems pretty likely you would make some friends in the common areas. If your travelling in a group it's a great place for you to drop your stuff and hang out when your not exploring Madrid!
Common area
hahaha WE BASICALLY TOOK THE HOSTEL OVER! hahaha
Posted on: Nov 20, 2008
kat_mac27 kat_mac27
affprable and central Jul 25, 2008
To be fair most of the noise was made by us TBs but I can guarantee that it wasn't Bondy on the jackhammer at 9am right outside. The roadworks looked pretty minimal though, I don't think it's a long term hangover hazard. The rooms were clean and even had aircon but we alternatively froze or boiled. The location is good, down the road from an Aussie bar and walking distance from Pueto del Sol. Kitchen was average and you had to be quick for the breakfast included. Still reccomend it though, theres an internet cafe and grocers right next door.
lauro says:
hahaha you always pick on bondo! hahahahah hahahaha
Posted on: Jul 25, 2008
jefrois jefrois
OK Hostel in Madrid Jul 11, 2008
Pop Hostel is a decent place especially if you are on a budget… The staff is quite lazy, they are all guys in their 20’s so maybe if it was just because I was a guy lol. Hostel has 2 kitchens, an ok lounge area w/tv and free internet. The rooms all have bathrooms in them so that is a good point, but one thing that bothered me was that the staff overbooked rooms and moved guests around without telling them. Was a bit discouraging when the staff all of a sudden closed down the lounge area and computer area because they wanted to have their own party :( Its pretty close to Puerta Del Sol, and the Tribunal Metro Station is 2 min away. Easy to get to from Madrid Airport.

Related Travel Blogs About Pop Hostel

living the crazy life in madrid, beautiful and stylish madrid - MADRID YOU ARE THE ONE!
i contacted tirso long long long ago - sometime in march i think - that if ever i am in madrid - i would ask for his help to tour me around the city - now why him of all the people in madrid from …POP HOSTEL in madrid! i mean ALL OF US! hahahahaha the people inside the hostel were flaberrgasted that we all knew…
madrid meet up - you are the one! sorry no pics only video :P hahahahha
i contacted tirso long long long ago - sometime in march i think - that if ever i am in madrid - i would ask for his help to tour me around the city - now why him of all the people in madrid from tra…POP HOSTEL in madrid! i mean ALL OF US! hahahahaha the people inside the hostel were flaberrgasted that we all knew…
madrid, back in the arms of madre patria.
at el ferrol bus station, pablo and señor manolo drove us from cedeira. it was hard to say goodbye, we are now leaving galicia. señor manolo was so warm and gentle saying goodbye to us - but pablo …madrid! at the pop hostel! kat! dave! bondy! and estephanie were already there! i sent hanie sms that well be at madrid

Check Madrid Hotel Deals