Poor Richard's Books

Poor Richard's Books - My beer

Poor Richard's Books Frankfort Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place to relax and get some food May 25, 2012
I was looking for a place to get something to eat and drink, because it had been a long drive so far. I was diving along West Broadway in Frankfort, KY and stopped next to bookstore, because 4 young women were sitting outside with some cold drinks and it looked damn refreshing.

I parked the car and walked inside, my first feeling was joy as I stepped into an old fashion bookstore. The sensation actually made me walk the whole store, just because it was interesting and cozy, reminding me of a time that is no longer.

In the middle of the bookstore there was a large entrance to the neighboring room where there was a combined café and reading room. The café had several groups of chairs, where you could sit and read and enjoy a cup a coffee or whatever. Besides that there were some lunch tables and I therefore ordered a sandwich, coffee and a beer.

Regarding the beer the waitress recommended the Two Hearted Ale, which I followed. The beer tasted really hoppy and fresh. The food was fresh and tasty and I enjoyed my stay there.

There were people coming in to the place all the time, just reading a book or using the free Wi-Fi. There was a really nice ambiance in the place. It turned out that “Poor Richard’s Books” was owned by a local professor. The fun thing was that he was actually teaching in Copenhagen at the moment I was there.
The book store
The cafe part
My meal
Inside
Chokk says:
It was super - you hardly find places like this anymore !
Posted on: May 26, 2013
Africancrab says:
Looks like my kind of place
Posted on: May 26, 2013
Chokk says:
Yes - you have - I just fell over my review today :)
Posted on: May 25, 2013