Ponte Vecchio

Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy

Ponte Vecchio Florence Reviews

Damienja Damienja
Lovely Apr 10, 2011
Florence, what a magical city! The Ponte Vecchio provides great views of the city and the Arno River. A must see while in Florence.
Vipin Vipin
Iconic bridge Oct 13, 2010
Ponte Vecchio, or old bridge in English, is the iconic bridge in Florence which is situated over the River Arno. Originally from the medieval period, it used to be the location for various butchers. Over time however, this changed and today the whole bridge is full of jewellery shops.

Whether you are buying jewellery or not, it is a great place for sightseeing and watching the world go by.

Apart from seeing the bridge itself, it will definitely pay to walk to the next bridge to get a better site of Ponte Vecchio. Also, if you are visiting the Uffizi, the building is like a U shape. When you get to the “bend bit” of the U-shaped building, you’ll get great views of Ponte Vecchio from there.

When in Florence, this bridge is definitely worth visiting and certainly the most pretty one you’ll cross.
montecarlostar says:
This place was my last stop in Florence. Totally cool and worth the visit. :)
Posted on: Jan 04, 2011
NicoleLittleItaly NicoleLi…
Florence in General (but not so original) Apr 24, 2010
I only did a day trip to Florence, but it was the best thing I ever got myself to do. I researched so many hotels and hostels around the center area, but I decided that I wanted to go back home instead (I leave 2 hours away). I really recommend searching around the area ONLINE for hotels instead of just picking one you walk by. This way you can see the prices and compare each hotel. I traveled Solo to Florence and I'm only 19, and I knew about pickpockets beforehand. If you are travelling solo, don't trust anyone who says they'll give you a business card in the back shop, or anything that seems odd. Because I had a guy ask me that, and I was like.. 'sorry I am late'... Yes an excuse, and I was actually a little rude because he was being pushy, but sometimes you have to be firm with your answer.

Florence is incredibly simple and fairly small to walk around (comparing to Rome). To say the least, my feet didn't hurt when the day was done. The leather market was fascinating, I suggest you take a look (and never be scared to bargain, I went from 70 euro to 40).

Overall it is a great place to go, and I mainly went there because I wanted to get all my photography in for my own project, I wasn't necessarily there for 'wine tasting' or 'experiencing the food'
Ponte Vecchio in the background
yadilitta yadilitta
An Icon - Ponte Vecchio Jun 21, 2006
Ponte Vecchio is a landmark in Florence. This bridge is the oldest of Florence's six bridges and maybe is one of the city's best known landmarks.

It's full of stores. Mostly old specialized in jewelry and expensive articles. Just walk around and feel all the fashion vibe.

But the row of shops is interrupted in the center, where the bridge opens over the Arno river with 2 splendid, panoramic terraces.

It's impossible not to see it. Try to go there in the sunset, so you'll see it with daylight and also when it's dark.
view from the Duomo
walking through Ponte Vecchio
purplepoetess purplepo…
Take me to the bridge Apr 03, 2006
Amazing unforgettable sunsets and views, if you get the chance to go do NOT turn it down

Related Travel Blogs About Ponte Vecchio

Florence - Watch out the Stendhal syndrome
They call it "Stendhal's syndrome" because in 1817, a young Frenchman named Marie-Henri Beyle — better known to us as the French novelist Stendhal — visited Florence and soon found himself over…Florence. PONTE VECCHIO Perhaps already built back in the era of the Roman colony, it is the oldest bridge in the city…
Florence and the Ponte Vecchio
Our drive to Florence from Pisa was definitely a pleasant one and it didn't take long before we found ourselves looking for somewhere to park the car for a bit. We had thought we might like to stay t…Florence and then travelling out again for accommodation. So it was off to the Ponte Vecchio for us! Florence
Beautiful Florence
On my last day in Italy I visited Florence. This was the number one on my 'to see list', thought most of my travel mates liked Siena more (I certainly disagree). Florence is truly a beautiful cit…Florence bridge Ponte Vecchio. We took our time to hang around and to enjoy the mime spectacle on the squares…

Check Florence Hotel Deals