109 East Park Avenue, Ruston, LA, USA
www.ponchatoulas.com - (318) 254-5200
Ponchatoulas - My giantnormous crawfish platter!!!
Ponchatoulas - Today's specials
Ponchatoulas - The inside
Ponchatoulas - Front view

Ponchatoulas Ruston Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
No no no... this is not the flavor of Louisiana! Jul 03, 2009
I know, why would I choose a restaurant that I don't like for my birthday? It doesn't make sense. Well, there is no restaurant that I really like in Ruston, so I have to give each one of them a try every once in a while.

This restaurant in particular claims they are the flavor of Louisiana, but please don't buy that! If you do, you might not want to have Louisiana food again. I've had several of their especialities, and never really liked any of them. This time I had fried crawfish tails served over a ton of french fries. Sadly, I have to say it tasted like anything but crawfish tails. Sometimes you only tasted the flavor of the bread they fry them with. The sauce they give you to dip them in, it's also nothing special.

One thing I seriously dislike about this restaurant is the size of the plates! It's so enormous that takes my hunger away from me just by looking at it. I had most of it to go, anyway, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Anyway, this restaurant is not a good choice if you are in Ruston, there is another better restaurant for cajun food, unfortunately it's not open for dinner. I will post a review on that one later on.
Front view
Today's specials
The inside
My giantnormous crawfish platter!!!
montecarlostar says:
It does! But this one is excessive even for american standars!
Posted on: Oct 24, 2009
jktweed says:
Hahaha, I thought EVERYTHING in American came on a big plate!
Posted on: Oct 24, 2009
montecarlostar says:
I love them too! But not from this restaurant... there's a much better creole restaurant in town... I'll try to post a review about it sometime. :D
Posted on: Sep 11, 2009