Ponce Suites

yheleen yheleen
Ponce Suites - one-of-a-kind Aug 02, 2008

Gigantic sculptures...

Uniquely different..

The list is endless, Ponce Suites Gallery Hotel is not your usual hotel. Everything in it - from the walls, the halls, the rooms, practically everything - speaks of art works that are not compromised by conservative standards..

The hotel is like an exhibit of Kublai Millan's art work.

I cannot do justice to the many art works Kublai had prepared for his guests since I am not an artist myself.. For you to have an idea in the uniqueness of the place, allow me to quote some description of the hotel from its website:

Ponce suites is definitely not for the faint-hearted. As soon as you enter the lobby, your senses are overwhelmed by the texture and color of various art forms.

At the centerpiece is a papier maché of women in a cycle of life with hands outstretched... Worker ants crawling on the ceiling are magnified a million times, butterflies are stuck near giant flowers, bees the size of dogs with glowing eyes cavort with flowers.

There are no walls. Just rows and rows of paintings, from the ceiling down to the floor...Works of art are simply everywhere. Even the restroom has seven to eight paintings and photos in different sizes.

Then you come face to face with E.T. at (the) bar on the second floor. You will feel compelled to touch this alien's forefinger with your own, reminiscent of the young Drew Barrymore in the late 70s movie.

THERE...Ponce Suites is definitely a one-of-a-kind experience. I remembered when we were billeted there for a week.. we needed to be inspired to be creative in doing our program designs, so we stayed there.. haha, everyday was a different experience - we kept on discovering new things on the hotel..and we just can't read and grasp everything - there were just soooo mannyyy art works (even in the toilets and bath rooms and the beds themselves).. it's kind of creepy too when you sleep at night and you feel the figures looking at you.

My friends, if you are a lover of the arts POnce Suites MUST be on your list. BUT - and this is a big BUT - if you want peace, relaxation and wants serenity in your solitude, i think, Ponce Suites is not for you.. since the hotel is definitely not for the fainthearted.

It's also best to be there in groups or at least in pairs - that way. you will have somebody to share that eerie feeling with, hehe.
entrance to the hotel :)