11 rue du Migrainier, Antibes, France

Pomodoro Antibes Reviews

narcymai narcymai
Tucked away in Antibes Mar 17, 2012
Tucked away in one of the small alleyways of the small city of Antibes is a quaint restaurant called Pomodoro. The restaurant is tiny, but the pasta is delicious.

The restaurant is smaller than your average dinner place, but it serves to be a lot homier. There are pictures and abstract paintings of tomatoes everywhere. They seem to have an uncanny obsession with the little red fruit. The walls were red and one of the walls were adorned with cute children's artwork of tomatoes.

The staff is friendly as well. Since this was not a chain, there was a much more comfortable feel between the customer and the server/cook/owner.They don't speak much English, but they are welcoming and patient with you if you try to speak or order in French.

The food was phenomenal. I went to Pomodoro with four other friends and each of us ordered something different so that we could try a sampling of various dishes. I got the penne pasta with the forestiere sauce (wild white sauce with mushrooms and bacon) and was immediately in heaven. I was even reluctant to share my plate with my friends!

If I recall correctly, my pizza-loving friend had ordered the "Vampire's Bane" or something like that (can't find it on their online menu). It was delicious with just the right amount of garlic. The other significant plate to try was the spicy tuna sauce with the pasta.

This restaurant can be a little difficult to find and even after you've found it, it can all ready be fully seated. I'm not sure if you can call ahead or not. The time when I went, we were lucky enough to enter right when one table cleared.
Penne pasta with forestiere sauce …

Check Antibes Hotel Deals