Pollo Tropical

PR-3, San Juan, PR, USA

Pollo Tropical San Juan Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
A caribbean fast food chain in Puerto Rico - Pollo Tropical Feb 05, 2009
Pollo Tropical is the local fast food in Puerto Rico, but you can also find it in FL.

Of course I was in Puerto Rico and wanted to try local food, but since we didn't have much time, Francisco suggested me to go to the local fast food restaurant, hehe.

They serve grilled chicken but the highlights are the sides. You get the traditional sides, which is cool! Francisco got the traditional "arroz con habichuelas" (rice and beans) and we both got the "tostones" (fried green plantain), but you can also get "amarillos" (fried sweet plantain) fried yuca, among others. They also serve pork and beef.

As all the chains, this is self service and they keep the restaurant clean. Staff was friendly and patient. I couldn't decide what to get, haha. Well, I'm sure this is not the real PR food, but if you are in a hurry and want a taste of it. This is a good option.
Pollo Tropical
tostones, yummy
yadilitta says:
I love the plantains and yucca too :)
Posted on: Feb 13, 2009
alyssa_ob says:
Ooh, sounds delicious! Fried plantains and yucca? I'll have to go there sometime!
Posted on: Feb 13, 2009
trixieSpot914 trixieSp…
Affordable Carribean fast food! Sep 09, 2008
i wanted to taste local PRican food & Francisco brought us ( me & 2 teens) to this place on the same avenue as the Intercontinental Hotel we were staying at & told us that the food served here was as near to PRican food as could be so i ordered take out of all the food they had to bring back to the hotel for a family dinner.. it was really delicious, grilled chicken with a unique full flavored seasoning, rice with beans (arroz gand), fried sweet plaintain (amarillos), fried green plaintain, beefsteak with onions (pernil), tres leches, padrino, etc..

as everyone liked it, we came back here several times throughout our stay to buy this or that or the family dinner.. you should try it when in San Juan.. they have this fast food all over PR!

Check San Juan Hotel Deals