Polish Dumplings

Wroclaw, Poland

Polish Dumplings Wroclaw Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Battle of the Dumplings - Jiaozi vs. Pierogi Jul 16, 2014
I've had dumplings here and there around the world and the best are Chinese, or so I thought, until I had some chance to sample Polish dumplings. In China they are generally called Jiaozi, while in Poland they are Pierogi, but no matter what they are called, that which we call a dumpling, in this case, would taste as good. This surprised me about Poland, that the dumplings here could rival those you find in China.

China still has the dumpling advantage over Poland in the style of service, variety of fillings, and extra dipping sauces and oils, but raw dumpling for dumpling, Poland does rival China. If I was an entrepreneur in Poland I would sponsor a shop serving up Polish dumplings, but translate the Chinese variety for ingredients to a local Polish taste, maybe add some more dipping variety. Sometimes the benefit of travel is that you discover similar cuisine with a different taste, but equal in quality for the palette.
Polish Dumplings - Wroclaw, Poland
Chinese Dumplings - Beijing, China
Kathmandu1 says:
Similar to Momo here in Nepal. Google Momo image and you will start to watery mouth. ;)
Posted on: Nov 06, 2014
cotton_foam says:
Thank you for writing this review, Brian!
Posted on: Nov 05, 2014
vixen2306 says:
Well Brian, I must say that Poland has a very vast choice of pierogi (or dumplings). Although the traditional ones came only with very basic sauces – mostly cream, bacon or onions, modern Polish chefs found the ways to surprise us – not only much more varied sauces are served, but also more varied and international ingredients are being used in making them. You can eat dumplings boiled, fried or baked. Whichever takes your fancy. So I hope next time you visit Poland, you can try some from the modern cuisine.
Posted on: Nov 05, 2014