Polish Dumplings

Wroclaw, Poland

Polish Dumplings Wroclaw Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Battle of the Dumplings - Jiaozi vs. Pierogi Jul 16, 2014
I've had dumplings here and there around the world and the best are Chinese, or so I thought, until I had some chance to sample Polish dumplings. In China they are generally called Jiaozi, while in Poland they are Pierogi, but no matter what they are called, that which we call a dumpling, in this case, would taste as good. This surprised me about Poland, that the dumplings here could rival those you find in China.

China still has the dumpling advantage over Poland in the style of service, variety of fillings, and extra dipping sauces and oils, but raw dumpling for dumpling, Poland does rival China. If I was an entrepreneur in Poland I would sponsor a shop serving up Polish dumplings, but translate the Chinese variety for ingredients to a local Polish taste, maybe add some more dipping variety. Sometimes the benefit of travel is that you discover similar cuisine with a different taste, but equal in quality for the palette.
Polish Dumplings - Wroclaw, Poland
Chinese Dumplings - Beijing, China
spocklogic says:
Very tasty these Pierogi and I enjoyed every last one of them with a pint of Tyskie beer or was it two pints?
Posted on: Feb 24, 2017
Ben-UK says:
Glad you liked the Pierogi, a 'must try' if it's your first time in Poland :)
Posted on: Feb 22, 2017
Kathmandu1 says:
Similar to Momo here in Nepal. Google Momo image and you will start to watery mouth. ;)
Posted on: Nov 06, 2014