Police

Bali, Indonesia

Police Bali Reviews

R1cky R1cky
Scooters and the police scam Mar 15, 2011
Kuta in Bali is a hot spot for scams so people watch out. I have traveled a bit but like any country they have new ways of catching you off guard. First I congratulate you on using your INISHATIVE by reading this for advice.

If you get a scooter and intend to stay in Bali for a few weeks with a scooter then you have 3 options:

DRIVING LEGALLY

1: By an Indonesia scooter license costing 350'000 from the Police station in Denpensar.

DRIVING ILLEGALLY (no license) TO SAVE MONEY

2: To avoid police pulling you over to bribe and fine you keep in the middle of the road and if by chance they wave you down just look the other way and drive on. There is too many people there for them to catch and they won't chase you. BUT if you intent to take a bike across on the slow boat to Lombok then I suggest you get a license as the harbor is a hot spot for Police checks.

3: Pay them 50'000 as a bribe and not 300'000 which I did. I had no idea about the fine system and why I was getting it so I just wanted rid of the police man and handed him the 300'000 he requested. If you smile and laugh with them then they will drop the fine.

I must stress that it is a scam when the police fine you out here so if you want to be safe and save some money then just get a license. When you do have a bike make sure the people you rent from give you the registration papers to the bike they are required. If anybody has any further questions send me a message and I will be happy to advise you. Good luck and drive safely, PS get an agreed insurance policy with the rental people because it is dangerous for driving out here. For instance you will have to avoid cats, dogs, inexperienced bike riders, pot holes, cattle, drunken people and slippy wet roads in the wet season. Funny that!

Related Travel Blogs About Police

Ubud & Kuta
I arrived at this beautiful country on the 10/2/2011 at half past 12. Our driver by e name of Made fetched us at the airport to go to e Villa we rented. Its called Villa Amanda. We have our own …bali police force are not that strict with foreigners who rents a bike without a license. I seized…

Check Bali Hotel Deals