Pokhara, Pokhara, Nepal
www.allnepal.com - 9847130906

Pokhara Reviews

travelwithsuz travelwi…
It was a rainy day and Devis Falls was roaring!

I heard the rumbling of the water pressure from the gates and it made my heart race. After adapting to the thunderous sound and mustering some courage, my guide managed to bring me closer to the falls. The area was surrounded by trees and familiar foliages and my eyes were having a feast. For dessert, oh.....I saw a little rainbow.

Last stop was at the Gupteswar Cave (Hidden God). Germaphobes are not welcome here most especially if you visit on a damp and rainy morning like today. But for people like me who grew up in the countryside, it was such a treat to re-create my childhood by descending the cave and fascinate at the limestone formations. There was a small cave where the statue of a sacred cow stood. People worship it as the udder of God Kamadhenu (the divine cow) and wait under it with outstretched palms to collect drops of water which fall only at long intervals.

After lunch at the Moondance cafe (a beautiful freshly baked lasagna with spinach cream sauce), my guide took me for a boating experience at Fewa Lake. The water was swelling due to the heavy rain, so we had to terminate the tour for safety reasons. Then I asked my guide if he could take me to a motorbike ride on the other side of the lake to see the nearby villages. My luck because he is a motorbike expert. We rode up on the mountains, down the rice paddies, and there I saw the most interesting water transport that was tied on both ends. The way to get from end to end is by turning the wheel. It was the greenest mode of transport I must say.

Rode again until we reached a newly formed brook caused by the rain. I just had to try to cross it and surprisingly, the water was partly cool and partly warm.

While standing on the brook with water above my knee, I raised my gaze, looked around, and saw the magnificent views surrounding me. My heart was full of happiness.

Check Pokhara Hotel Deals