Points of interest in Chania

Chania, Greece
Points of interest in Chania - Venetian harbour.

Points of interest in Chania Reviews

Nathaniel Nathaniel
Jul 01, 2006
Chania was a first city that I explored on Crete. It is really charming and fascinating town with a lot of narrow streets, restaurants serving local (but of course not only) food and full of shops offering souvenirs to tourists. My obvious mistake was going to town during the hottest time of the day. Nevertheless apart from seeking for cool enough place to hide, I also saw a few places. The first one was Venetian Harbour. Its a nice place to see not only during the day but also at night. In it's surroundings you may see Djamassi Mosque. Nowadays it lost it's sacral character, as it has been turned into a gallery. During my stay there you could have seen display of photos (there was no entrance fee). Apart from waterfront area Chania has to offer also other attractions. The place you should definitely see is Agora. Its kind of a bazaar in witch local vendors offer their, usually hand crafted, goods. You may find there such products as chesses, honeys, herbs, spies, boozes (try ouzo!) and some other souvenirs like komboloi or traditional Cretan knives. While being in Chania you should also "dive" into the labyrinth of residential area, especially in the evening. All right, since Chania is not the only place i saw on Crete, i'll be finishing for now. I don't want you to say OMG tl;dr :). Maybe later I will add something, but now nothing comes to my mind and i'm just to tired:/
Venetian harbour.
gooseberry says:
I wholeheartedly agree :)
Posted on: Jan 08, 2007