Point Village Resort Negril

Point Village Resort Negril Rates and Deals

Point Village Resort Negril Reviews

keatsdad keatsdad
Inexpensive All-Inclusive Dec 02, 2009
First, here's my perspective...I had never done an all inclusive before because I'd rather not be cooped up on one property for the entire trip, I like to get out an explore. I'd rather be able to get out and choose the food I want and have some adventure versus walking 100 feet to the beach and then going to the buffet. I like to have adventures and talk to people other than just the ones who are serving me drinks. However, we decided we'd give it a shot since this seemed like a nice property and it was definitely inexpensive compared to other AI. Since it was inexpensive, we felt like we wouldn't feel bad if we missed a meal because we were out on an excursion. Also, this was our first trip to Jamaica and we were a little concerned about security after hearing and reading some stories.

Point Village is at the north end of 7 mile beach. I don't think it's technically on 7 mile, but it's close. It sits near a number of other much more expensive all-inclusives. They have two beaches, one is an adult beach right next to the Hedonism II adult beach. Both beaches are small, though farily nice. We were there over thanksgiving weekend and it wasn't crowded, but if it was, there probably wouldn't be enough chairs. Both beaches do have a lot of seaweed in the surf, and the nude beach is very shallow. You have to walk out beyond the buoys to get into water up to your waist. There is a great area for snorkeling near the rock pools. We saw stingrays, a sea snake, lots of sea urchins, and a lot of fish. The rock pools sound a little nicer than they are. When we first got there, they had a lot of slime on the bottom and had a crab crawling through it. So, nice to look at but not great to sit in. There is a watersports shack on property, but we didn't investigate what they had. We had our own snorkels and masks, and we didn't have time for much else. The property is pretty, lots of palm trees and nice flowers and it's kept up fairly well. It's a good sized property, though not so big that it's a pain to walk across. There was a security gate to get in, so we felt pretty safe on property, there didn't seem to be anyone just roaming through.

The front desk advertised guest services (concierge) but that basically consisted of a desk with flyers. We were told that there wasn't anyone who could help us arrange excursions. I also noticed that they had employee of the month plaques that had last been updated in 2005. The front desk also advertised currency exchange at a good rate, but both times we asked about it, they didn't have any to exchange. The staff was very friendly, especially Ricardo who seemed to be the director of fun, he was in charge of the activities and was great. The food was decent, but it wasn't a huge buffet. Usually 2 entrees with 3 or 4 side dishes and then some salad and fruit. I was disappointed that there wasn't more fresh fruit. There was some pineapple and cantaloupe and watermelon but that was about it. I was also disappointed that there wasn't more jamaican food. We had jerk chicken once, but other than that and I think one other time, nothing that seemed particularly jamaican. You could get as many free drinks as you wanted, pretty much all day long, so you can definitely get your money's worth in alcohol. They had a fairly decent selection. Also, between the buffet and the grill, you could get food pretty much all day long. The grill had a small menu of sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers.

We had a junior suite, which was good sized, it had one big room, basically a bedroom with a large sitting area. The bathroom wasn't tiny, and there was some closet space. We had a patio with an ocean view, though none of the units seemed to have a great ocean view. We were looking through some trees and it was partially obstructed from another building. The room and the buildings could use some upkeep, peeling paint, general wear and tear, but it wasn't too bad.

I thought the overall quality of it was average. Admittedly, since I haven't stayed at an AI before, I don't have much to compare it to. I wouldn't recommend against it, but if I went back, I'd probably get somewhere cheaper on 7 mile or on the cliffs where you can get much cheaper rooms(less than half the price). This was our first trip to Jamaica so we were a little worried about security. But after being there, I wouldn't have any problem staying on 7 mile or the cliffs. I'd be cautious, but not scared at all. This was a decent choice for a first AI, and if you are going to spend the entire time on property relaxing and you don't really care about activities (they did some activities at dinner like bingo and a talent show, they were fun but not spectacular) and if you're looking to just drink and eat and relax, it's certainly a good value. Or if you want to do what we did and take advantage of unlimited food and drinks but not feel like you're tied down to the property, I'd say it's a pretty good option.
MasterQ says:
This was very helpfull, thanks
Posted on: Sep 19, 2011
Eric says:
Hi Mark, thanks for your thorough and informative review!
Posted on: Dec 02, 2009

Point Village Resort Negril Overview

The hotel is located in the northern area of Seven Mile Beach. Guests staying at the Point Village Resort Negril will be able to spend time snorkeling, diving, swimming, or relaxing on the white sand. They can also find many places in the area where they will be able to dine and drink. It takes an hour and a half to reach the airport from the Point Village Resort Negril. Guests will find that it is easy to reach the airport and other areas with the aid of a rental car or public transportation. They can also walk to many attractions in the area.

All of the rooms guests will find at the Point Village Resort Negril include air conditioning. Some of the other amenities the rooms contain include satellite TV, and kitchenettes. They have a balcony or patio as well.

The hotel offers a gift shop and commissary, as well as a beauty parlor. Guests will also be able to use the tennis court and Jacuzzi while staying at the Point Village Resort Negril. The hotel has a tour desk that can help set up excursions as well.

Point Village Resort Amenities