Point Pleasant Resort Saint Thomas (Virgin Islands U.S.)

Average rate: $110 - Hotel class: 3 stars
6600 estate smith bay #4, Saint Thomas, United States Virgin Islands

Point Pleasant Resort Saint Thomas (Virgin Islands U.S.) Rates and Deals

Point Pleasant Resort Saint Thomas (Virgin Islands U.S.) Reviews

Save your $ Aug 07, 2010
DO NOT STAY HERE! This place is a rip off. Sugar beach is about 10 to 15 feet long. The main beach was dirty, and litter everywhere. The cab service sucked (even though I'd called way before I had to be at the airport the driver was more interested in picking up 2 more people, which made me 10 mins too late to catch my plane) I could go on and on, but please, please please do not stay here! Spend the extra $ to stay at the Ritz or a name brand hotel. You'll thank me for it.
keatsdad keatsdad
Well priced, not perfect, but amazing views. Feb 16, 2009
First, if you get winded walking up a flight of stairs, this resort is not for you. Most of St. Thomas is very hilly which makes for great views but a lot of walking up and down hills. They do have a shuttle that will take you around the property, but that doesn't help with stairs to the beach or the pool. We had a superior suite I think. We got upgraded through hotels.com and ended up getting a rate of $216 per night, plus the 5th night free. And we got upgraded to a big suite with an ocean view. The view was amazing, the room was clean, though not 5 star clean. It looked like the room was in the middle of a renovation, since there were some very nice fixtures (granite countertops, new cabinets in the kitchen and bath), but there was also crown molding that was sitting there, not yet put up, and some of the work was a little sloppy. So if you are prone to nitpick, this would probably bother you.

The room had a very nice sized bedroom with a smallish master bath, a decent sized kitchenette(I've had kitchens that size in apartments I've lived in), a dining room, a good sized living room, and a really nice balcony with a 4 top table plus a couple of other chairs and it wasn't crowded at all. The best part was easily the view. I'm never one for staying in the hotel on vacation, but I really enjoyed just sitting and looking at the bay down below. We turned the couch away from the tv so that it faced the balcony and just looked out there a lot of the time. The couch was a sleeper sofa, and it was usable but not very comfortable.

The staff was friendly and they have a concierge that was really helpful in booking trips for us. We booked a parasail and a BVI trip through them and the concierge gave us a lot of helpful tips for getting around the island. There are two restaurants on property, Fungis, which is a bar with tables right next to the water. They serve good food there, but like most of St. Thomas, it isn't cheap. You can find some cheap meals or apps, (conch fritters for $6 or a veggie roti for $12 or so), but we got the lobster sampler (chicken stew, pork bbq, and lobster) and it was $38. It was good and it was enough to feed two people without huge appetites. Agave Terrace is the other restaurant on property but we didn't eat there.
lucidangel lucidang…
Feb 14, 2008
This is the worst resort I have EVER held accomodations with! We went for my daughter's 8th birthday. Took 9 people (5 were kids) and the resort SUCKED! 1st we had to carry our luggage up and down, back and forth across the resort property. (THAT'S ALOT WHEN 5 out of 9 ARE KIDS!!!) The place has a courtesy transportation service SUPPOSEDLY, they passed us several times, and even stopped twice. One time to ask us if we were all together, the second time to ask us had we checked n yet. At which time we were all aggrvated, and I was a bit sarcastic in my response, but, DAMN! At which time we where beat, (7 suitcases, 5 carry-on bags, 2 babies, struggling on hills steeper than I have ever driven on, much less walked!) Approximately the equivlnt of a 1/2 block or so from the office, they state that they will "meet us there"... I became furious. I would have preferred to continue walking another hour than to stay there! (But I was exhausted, and so was every1 else) For the remainder of our stay, we got clean towels ONCE, we were told we COULD NOT get more COMPLIMENTARY bottled water ON DAY #4 !!! Did I mention the resort didn't have hot water for long, and we even got to experience our trip with NO WATER for a portion of it. They charged our credit card an additional $180.00 ~ UNAUTHORIZED! This place was absolutely H O R R I B L E !!!!! Although I must say, I was pleased to learn that they're rocked up shores were not our only choice. About 2-3 miles up the road and around the bay, we happened across Coki Beach! BEAUTIFUL!!! So the $3100.00 + (for the resort, I will never see again) is what we paid for snorkeling on a FREE beach! (and experiencing what it must have been like 100 years ago. We awoke DAILY to another living creature INside our villa.) The kids loved that part!
FUVI says:
I wish like hell I had read this before I went. This pretty much defines our trip.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2010
sylviandavid says:
OMG.... good to know....
Posted on: Jul 19, 2009
David says:
Wow that's terrible! Thanks for sharing the information.
Posted on: Feb 14, 2008
Jennyrac Jennyrac
Resort has a good bay view, that's it! Nov 28, 2008
The resort has a beautiful bay view, that's pretty much it. The service is not good. We arrived at night due to flight delay. The clubhouse was closed with no light on, it was after midnight. We could not find any staff in the area. We were standing outside in the dark for a while until we heard some sound. We followed the sound and found the staff who has been helping people settle. I do not think this is a good practice. If he was out somewhere helping out, he should have left the lights on with a note asking incoming guests to wait around. The room was nice with bay view. But you have to drive up to a steep hill to get to the resort. The resort is quiet, but difficult to get to. There were several restaurants that are OK, but pricey. The room facilities are old, not clean either. I did not use any of their facilities when I was there since they all look dirty. We basically went back at night and slept there. I will not stay there next time.

I do not really like St. Thomas, people were so lazy there. When I was asking directions from natives walking on the street, they did not even bother to look at me just shaking their head saying:"I don't know!". Grocery shops are filled with people looking dirty and filthy. There are so many dumpy areas with near collapsing houses and dirty cars. The ocean and beach are pretty good. I had good time taking cable cars up to Point Pleasant. Megan Bay is very beautify. But in between these attractions, everywhere seems dirty and filthy. I will never want to go back to visit.
View of the resort from across.
View from our room

• Kayaking
  • Direct dial phone
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower