Poets' Corner Hostel Olomouc

Poets' Corner Hostel Olomouc Rates and Deals

Poets' Corner Hostel Olomouc Reviews

JoelH JoelH
Very homey feeling Jul 10, 2015
I have never felt so "at home" as I did in this place. It is actually a big flat (or two to be precise) made into a hostel. On one floor is the three private rooms, and on one floor is the dorms and another private room. You feel more like someones house-guest than a stranger in this nice hostel.

The staff is very warm-hearted and helps you out with everything you need. They are also up for a good chat and give you good pointers where to go, eat and drink in the cosy town of Olomouc.

This is really a place to relax and stretch your legs, no matter if you are alone or together with one or more people.
keeweeset keeweeset
Cosy Corner Hostel (Formerly Poets Corner Hostel Olomouc) Aug 05, 2015
Staying at this hostel, run by a husband and wife, felt very homey and comfy like staying at someone's apartment. The rooms, bathrooms (1 bathroom with toilet, one without and a separate toilet) common room and kitchen were clean and cosy. On the window sill in the kitchen there were also small pots with different cooking herbs as well as a cherry tomato plant. Although, the hostel does not provide breakfast, they offer different types of tea as well as instant coffee. There is a grocery store nearby. I believe it's open from 8.00 until 22.00. The staff is super nice and explained directions to the sights and various restaurants very well. The hostel also provides you with a map and their recommendations for sights and restaurants. Near the kitchen there is also a notice board with recommendations by the hostel.

Since check-in is normally open until 9 pm I called the hostel to ask if I could check in later as I missed one of my train connections. Thankfully, they waited for me and I was able to get a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed. I stayed in an 8-bed dorm room. The top bunks had little shelves so I could put a few things up there. There are also lockers, which I didn't use as I didn't have a lock.

After I checked out I could leave my backpack at the hostel in a storage room so I didn't need to carry it around with me.
nasibra nasibra
Not a good experience Aug 31, 2012
Stayed here in summer of 2011 and I was not quite enamored of the place. Hostel was in an old building,a bit darkly lit and drab inside for my taste. Never-ending stairs.No internet computer(they did have wi-fi access)and no telly.Odd behaviour by one of the staff,unfriendly and rude.Other staff OK.Average as dorm beds go.Great bathrom mirror.Weird colours of room walls like pinkish-reddish and greenish-yellowish.Kitchen was good.All things considered,this hostel is lower-tier.

Poets' Corner Hostel Olomouc Overview

Located within the historic centre of Olomouc, the Poets' Corner Hostel Olomouc is only four hundred metres from the main square which features many historic highlights, restaurants, bars and cafes. The tram stop is two hundred metres away which provides frequent services to the main train and bus stations. The supermarket is two hundred metres away.

There are two eight-bed dorm rooms and four private rooms accomodating one to four guests at the Poets' Corner Hostel Olomouc. Bathrooms are shared. There is a fully equipped guest kitchen with complimentary tea and coffee.

The Poets' Corner Hostel Olomouc is located on the third and fourth floors of a quiet residential building with no elevator. Laundry service, computer terminal and free Wi-Fi are available. A guest lounge room offers a library and ample information about Olomouc. The interior of the hostel is non-smoking however there is a designated outdoor smoking area.

Poets' Corner Hostel Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Tour Desk
  • Non-Smoking Rooms
  • Laundry service
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Excursions
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Designated Smoking Area