Plus Camping Michelangelo

Check Florence Hotel Deals

Plus Camping Michelangelo Florence Reviews

terraincognita terrainc…
Best view of the city Nov 04, 2008
I wasn't too excited about camping out in Florence. After staying in hostels with private rooms, private bathrooms, temperature controls, and real walls, this place certainly seemed a bit primitive. The showers were a three minute walk away, it was very hot during the day, and a bit chilly during the night (late May), and a little over-run by tourists. BUT, when I woke up in the morning, I could't imagine a better place to stay. From the top of the hill, you get an incredible view of Florence, the Duomo and all. Picturesque, idealistic, I finally felt like I was in Florence. We arrived to the campsite from the rail station via a half and hour bus ride. I was pleasantly suprised to discover that there was a path that leads directly from the campsite, down the hill, into the center of the city, walkable in 15 minutes. For those who can do without first class comforts for a few days, for those traveling on a budget this place is definitely worth it. Even if I didn't stay there, I would have made a trip up the hill for the view.
travelman727 says:
Nice review! I agree; Florence, viewed from an overlooking hill, takes your breath away :-D
Posted on: Feb 26, 2009