Ploy Talay Restaurant

Ploytalay Resort, Koh Samed, Thailand

Ploy Talay Restaurant Koh Samed Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Best fire show on the island!! Oct 02, 2011
Probably the best restaurant on the island (in my opinion)! I have been to Koh Samed quiet a few times whilst living in Bangkok, and every time I come to the island, my friends and I have dinner here, and continue to party through the night here also.

Located on Hat Sai Kaew (Sai Kaew Beach), they have tables on a wooden deck undercover, but majority of tables are on the sand - they are low and customers lounge on cushions. Even though they have mats covering the sand, sand still manages to overcome everything. The restaurant serves Thai and Western meals, and they also have an amazing seafood BBQ for a very cheap price! Our meals are always under 300baht per person which is dirt cheap for one of the most popular restaurants on the main beach! Ploy Talay is also a bar, and they have every kind of alcohol available, and will mix drinks on request if they don't know how to make your drink. Try a coconut shake with a shot of malibu rum - amazing! The restaurant also has shisha - about 250baht - although they are a little slow to refill the coals, so you can be waiting a while for it to be replaced.

The main feature of 'Ploy' is the live band and the fire performance. The band was very good at getting the audience to dance, even if it was just around their tables or whilst they were sitting... everyone was moving to the music. The band plays from about 7pm until 9pm, and then the real entertainment begins - the fire dancers. The first time I saw the performance, I was in awe, and couldn't take my eyes off them. After I had watched it a few times, I came to the realization that the intro, song and dance never change - it always stays the same, even years from the first time I saw it - but still amazing every time! It is probably the biggest fire show on the island - they only had 7 dancers when I first saw them, now they have at least 12 or more. The dancers are sure to please the girls - they are very flirtacious with every western girl, and their bodies are amazing!! After the show, the dancers walk around asking for tips, and take photos with fans and tourists. I came here on my 24th birthday last year, and I got a private fire show from one of the dancers, and a few of them came up and sang happy birthday to me. After the fire show, they have games and competitions where you can win prizes (alcohol of course), such as fire limbo and a skipping rope with fire.

They also have the only indoor nightclub I’ve found on the island and occasionally have live bands there as well. Make sure to drink the local specialty, a SangSom bucket, which is a toxic mix of Thai whiskey, red bull and coke, served in a kids sandbucket with lots of straws :)

I will be going back to Koh Samed very soon, and I will definitely be going back to Ploy Talay, there is no way I would stay on the island without going there at least once. I truly love it here, and I'm sure everyone who tries it out will too! :)
@ ploy talay

Compare Koh Mak Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Koh Samed Map