Ploen

Check Pattaya Hotel Deals

Ploen Pattaya Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
Affordable, quiet and comfortable, yet not recommendable Nov 24, 2010
The lodging options in Pattaya are overwhelming. I had no idea which area would be best, so I just chose my accommodation based on price and reviews I could find on the net.

The Ploen Pattaya is a relatively new apartment complex which caters for long-term stays but has daily rates as well. At 600 Baht / 13 Euros it was an absolute bargain, considering the room came complete with all amenities like TV, Air conditioning, Wi-Fi, fridge, safe, shower/toilet, a large bed and a separate seating area.

That said, my experience wasn’t entirely without its discomforts. While my room was large and very complete, the bed was a tad on the hard side – not particularly comfortable.

Also, the room was never cleaned during my stay and each morning I had to ask several times to get clean towels. Another nuisance was the Wi-Fi, which was not only horribly slow, it also went down about every ten minutes. I guess you get what you pay for.

The location is ok-ish. A ten-minute motorcycle ride north of the centre and only a couple of minutes from the bus station. So it’s somewhat removed from all the action, but that means it’s nice and quiet if you want to be able to catch some sleep (I feel for the people staying in hotels around the Soy area).

All in all I have mixed feelings on this one. Definitely a good price for what you get, but the service is downright terrible. For example, when I arrived the reception was unmanned and I had to wait half an hour for someone to arrive. There was no staff to be found anywhere. As it turned out the receptionist had gone off for to get some breakfast and simply left the reception area alone, with all doors unlocked. She didn’t see anything wrong with this either.

Should I ever have the desire to go back to Pattaya (and I don’t think I have) then I doubt I will stay here again.
My room