Plitvicka Jezera Nat. Park, Croatia

Plitvicka Jezera Nat. Park, Croatia Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Plitvicka Jezera Nat. Park, Hrvatska Sep 29, 2014
After a wonderful month in the Switzerland mountains we had an additional 8 days saved for visiting Croatia; and my ethnic relatives there who very few spoke english. No train available so we round tripped from Zurich, a long bus ride, to Zagreb. A relative met us at the bus stop in Zagreb and took us out to the family farm. I had a wonderful time on the farm and they took me to the National Park.

We arrived at the park and paid the admission fee and walked a short while to the first beautiful lake. We walked to the woods with water features everywhere. There were plenty of short waterfalls and water streams in this hardwood paradise. We walked a long ways on established dirt trails or on elevated wooden walkways. We got to some other lakes and took reflection photos.

Then we reached a large lake with a marina. We boarded a boat to cross the lake. (Fee paid in the admission fee).

We landed on the other side of the lake where I spotted a large dead tree by the shoreline. I had some of the relitives (and me) lean up on the dead tree to get shot on tree with the beautiful lake. (Please excuse me for repeating the word "beautiful" because thats what I thought of the whole park.)

We continued walking through the nice park and saw many large fish in the lakes. We got to some lakes with large cliffs above and they had some caves. Then we started taking some reflection photos in the lakes with the cliffs and caves. The trail took us to a walk through cave as part of our trail. There was an inviting wooden bench, so I stopped for a half hour because my legs hurted. Well, I have no time for pain so up again to see this beautiful park.

Somehow the trail took us to the top of the cliffs and we got a new prospective on the lakes. We walked along and saw some "finger lakes" below. We also saw the very long elevated walkway going across a good sized lake that I remembered walking on an hour ago. Well, all good things come to an end. I arrived at the car physically spent, but very happy about the wonderful park experience.
first lake
lake, reflections
lake, reflections
EmEm says:
Nothing can be compared to Plitvice!
Posted on: Apr 02, 2015