Plaza de Oriente

Madrid, Spain

Plaza de Oriente Madrid Reviews

Vipin Vipin
Great spot! Nov 11, 2011
Located very near to the royal palace and cathedral, this plaza was completed in the nineteenth century. The plaza is a rather beautiful place to grab some pictures, rest for a little while and just watch the world go by. The statues that adorn the plaza are those of past monarchs of the country. However, the main statue in the middle is a representation of Phillip IV. The plaza is also very near to fancy cafes, hotels and restaurants too. This plaza is a really nice spot in Madrid, and I preferred this one to plaza mayor as well! Worth seeing!
Africancrab says:
Great photos, thanks for sharing the review
Posted on: Nov 30, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Plaza de Oriente

Palacio Real de Madrid and Plaza de Oriente Palacio
We are ready for our next destination, Palacio Real de Madrid. We punch in the destination to our portable Garmin Nüvi 1370/1370T that we bring from US. After parking our TT underneath Plaza de …Madrid. We punch in the destination to our portable Garmin Nüvi 1370/1370T that we bring from US. After parking our TT underneath Plaza de Oriente
Egyptian temples and Spanish fountains
I woke up early, but slept well. At around 2am I was woken ones by the light in the corridor (as my little window was an interior one and let all the light from the hallway through). Yet when I th…Plaza de Oriente and the Jardines de Sabatini , both beautiful and green. Madrid in general is a city with much…

Check Madrid Hotel Deals