Playa Jobos, Puerto Rico

Rt 466, Playa Jobos, USA

Playa Jobos, Puerto Rico Reviews

geokid geokid
Playa Jobos, Puerto Rico Feb 22, 2009
Playa Jobos is located just east of Aguadilla. This is not as developed as some beaches in Puerto Rico. However the pressure is on, most of the beach front property is for sale or has changed hands a number of times. There appears to be many new construction project getting started. Currently there are numerous vacation houses, a few small motels, some eco-tourism and local fishing families. I first was told about this place in the late 1970s by a dive boat captain that I had hired out of Aguadilla. As it turned out he lived off of the Jobos Beach road and invited me over to his place to look at his shell collection and some jewelry his wife was making. At the time I had a gift store shell shop on Ocracoke Island, North Carolina and I was always looking for new things and new sources. Things worked out, he had a great inventory of gem collector shells and his wife was a talented jeweler and had a great eye for trendy designs. Years later I had an opportunity to work in Puerto Rico, so I found a place on the beach road in Jobos and signed a year lease. It was a great place, just 2 bedrooms. The best part was a second floor deck facing the beach. I had a great experience there on the beach. Daily good surfing a short walk down the beach. Be aware,the locals own the break on the weekends. You may not be treated well if you are of a lower skill level and or get in their way. There is no problem during the week. Fresh fish from my neighbor any time I wanted it. A local beach front bar with live music every weekend. I was not very happy when I completed my contract.

Related Travel Blogs About Playa Jobos, Puerto Rico

Playa Jobos, Puerto Rico
Playa Jobos is located just east of Aguadilla. This is not as developed as some beaches. However the pressure is on, most of the beach front property is for sale or has changed hand a number of time.…Playa Jobos is located just east of Aguadilla. This is not as developed as some beaches. However the pressure is on, most of the beach front property…

Compare Isabela Hotel Rates (5.8km away)

Playa Jobos Map