Platinum Club and Restaurant

Ulica Aleksandra Fredry 6, Warsaw, Poland

Platinum Club and Restaurant Warsaw Reviews

nonewsnick nonewsni…
Bring your "A" game, you'll need it Oct 11, 2009
I had read quite a bit about going out in Warsaw, but didnt really believe it. I heard that getting in places in next to impossible and all the stories started there. Well, I started out my evening a great place called Paparazzi. The drinks were well made, great bartenders, lots of girls to guys ratio and music was great. Really good House. From there, I pretty much followed a bunch of people that walked about 10min to Club Platinum. This is where it got interesting. There were 3 large doormen in front and one "controller". Perched on his seat, with muscle behind him and an umbrella in hand. I approached at first and said in english, "hello, Id like to come in"- he instantly refused. I tried a few different approached and then watched probably 30 people + get turned away. So, at this point, Im thinking okay...but be some deal here? I talked to some guys from Barcelona, they explained it was some type of selection, or dress code or you have to speak Polska...or whatever. I wasnt buying it and I walked there in the rain, so I wasnt taking "no" for an answer. After a few minutes I went back to the "decision maker" and asked again what the deal was. This time he said "he doesnt speak english and they all started giving me shit in Polska". I actually thought it was pretty funny. None the less, people came and went, and tons went in and tons turned away. BULLSHIT. Finally, all the younger Spanish guys left and I approached again. This time I offered him $$$$$. Nope...nada...said I didnt have enough. I wasnt going to pay, I just really wanted to see what the hell it would take??? Youre probably saying...hell..glutton for punishment, eh? No...I just refused to go all the way there, on a strong solid reco and then deal with this bullshit. Finally, I walked back up after hanging out and talking to some people and just said, "hey, I know you understand English so Im just going to talk. I dont want to come in this club just explain to me the fucking deal because I was recommended it, and would just like to know the deal? You said to some, shoes were wrong, shirt wrong what is the deal?" After all this shit...he says, "Oh I thought you were with those guys from Spain and you can go in" HA!!! Unreal. I honestly think just saying I was alone or him realizing it was the deal (in my favor). btw..I was dressed very well. Good shoes, nice jeans, classy shirt pressed, etc. Some guys were in suits but it wasnt necessary. They did have model level chicks with them, but anyway...I just had to write about this so if you plan on going either you have a strategy or you just decide its not for you. Once inside, as you can see from the website, its an awesome club. Great music, the bartenders were cool, great drinks and the girls there were off the chart amazing gorgeous. My best advice is make sure you dont have any gym shoes, sneakers, and dress like you are going to a club. Collared shirt is pretty much standard unless you are some local DJ kid getting waved in. A gorgeous woman on your arm will get you in, for sure...i think :)

Again, I just wrote this because I hate people having a bad experience when a little creativity and "game" can make a big difference. Yeah, some will read this and say $#@% that. I dont blame you, but it was a really awesome place and extremely fun. Good luck.

PS...about 1hr after I arrived, just to $#@% with the bouncer, I brought him out a shot of Vodka...yeah he didnt see that coming either.

Na zdrowie!