Platia Restaurant

0511/7635444

Platia Restaurant Hannover Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Greek food Mar 09, 2012
I didn't have to spend much time looking for a place to have my dinner as the friendly receptionist at my hotel said that there was a Greek restaurant around the corner. Even from far away it looked like a cozy place and I was not disappointed when entered.

The place was quite full and there was a nice ambiance with people talking everywhere and the restaurant was not playing the Greek Zorba music that usually kills all communication.

The interior made this place really cozy, well as cozy it can get with plastic plants. The restaurant was situated in a place that once had been a boring concrete building, which they had painted in soft toned patterns and scenes from the beautiful homeland. The ceiling was decorated giving an impression that you were sitting under a patio with wines hanging over your head. The floor was wooden, the chairs and tables in wood too but much more comfortable than their counterparts in Greece.

After a quick glance at the menu I went for their one-person version of Mezés, which turned out to be both huge and delicious. It had all classic Greek stuff like; rice in wine leafs, shrimp salad, tzatziki, grilled vegetables, meatballs and so on.

After I had consumed my Mezés plate I felt almost bad that I had ordered a streak with mixed salad and vegetables. Like in Greece they had overcooked their meat, which was sad when the setting for a nice dinner was there. The baked potato was good and so were the grilled vegetables that they added. I also liked that they served a number of free ouzo's during the dinner; it made me digest my meal a lot better.

The waiter ended my meal with a free little portion of yogurt with honey. It had been a good meal; only thing was that my meat was more done than well done!
Mezés
My steak
My honey sweeten yogurt
The restaurant
sylviandavid says:
Very nice review. Congratulations on being featured! sylvia
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review Christian! :D
Johnpro says:
Congratulations Christian for your feature :)
Most of the good Greek restaurants are to the south Germany and specially around Munich ! Also been to two Greek restaurants in Vienna and only the second one had food for five stars , the first one just two for me :)

Check Hannover Hotel Deals