Lielā iela 6, Jelgava, Latvia
Plate - Inside

Plate Jelgava Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place with a good ambiance in the city centre Mar 09, 2013
We were looking for a place to eat when we spotted a restaurant at Hotel Jelgava, with what they said was a musical name; Plate. It was easy to park the car outside the hotel that turned out to be a hotel with a lot of spa customers. In order to reach the restaurant we had to pass the restaurant and a small room before we could enter the restaurant. The restaurant had a huge bar, in almost the whole length of the room. There were a couple of people in the restaurant when we entered. We took a table and an attractive and sweet waitress came to us with the menu. We ordered a beer for my friend and I took a large coke, while we looked at the menu.

After a little talk with our waitress we ended up with two Siera Soups and two dishes pork cutlets with potatoes. The soup turned out to be magnificent; it was rich, full and extremely tasty but most of all it was huge. We both cleaned our plates, and we were both almost full before we started with the huge main dishes. Besides being good the meals were also cheap. The service was friendly, the music was great, it was a great lunch in a quite surprising place.
My friends beer
Inside the restaurant
The ceiling
Chokk says:
Not really, Francis - they are not like the Irish at all !
Posted on: Jul 16, 2013
fransglobal says:
I reckon there's more words in Latvian for potatoes than in Irish...
Posted on: Jul 16, 2013