Planet Sushi Miami

Planet Sushi Miami - Mmmm...Nutella and Banana maki roll

Planet Sushi Miami Miami Beach Reviews

MissJaneCA MissJane…
Who knew rice would be BFF with banana and Nutella! Apr 23, 2011
I was at Planet Sushi in Miami FL because they had a Groupon promotion deal. The layout of the restaurant was very modern and clean. They had two TVs on each side of the wall. Each side had one TV cam showing how the sushi dish was being prepared. Sushi cam! Now there's a good cooking channel!

The food looked great and tasted OK. One of my party members ordered the coconut shrimp soup but it was too sour without any actual coconut flavor. The grilled salmon teriyaki with rice wasn't too bad. The corner pieces of the salmon were quite crunchy with lots of grilled flavors. The sushi rolls I ordered had a nice presentation but it wasn't remarkable in taste. In fact, they used a bit of spicy mayo to intensify the taste. Since I am not a big spice eater I had to ask for extra ginger to wash it down.

The service was excellent. We had a late lunch there so there were only a few diners inside. We couldn’t see many new customers until almost at the end of our meal. For dessert, I tried their banana Nutella maki roll. It was the highlight of my meal. Amen to completing a full meal with some sweets. Whoever knew Rice, banana and Nutella are BFFs! I would definitely try this at home as an appy for a dinner party.

Overall, the food quality is good. Taste is mediocre. Service was excellent! Price, well without the Groupon deal I'd be taking the bus.
Planet Sushi in Miami Beach
Red roll and regular cali roll
Grilled Salmon Teriyaki