Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Rates and Deals

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Las Vegas Reviews

04sarah 04sarah
Fun hotel in vegas! Jan 16, 2012
The reason I choose thia hotel was because of its location. It is right in the middle of the strip so in a great spot.

The casino had good music playing,It is more for younger people, it has a good atmosphere.

There were a few restaurants available, a couple of lounges/clubs, and a 24/hr starbucks, and the hotel is also connected to a mall which has great shopping.

Ask for a room with a view so you can have a room of a view of the strip and the belliagio fountions which is pretty at night time.
starlily starlily
Right smack bang in the middle of the strip Mar 13, 2011
For locations it's amazing, if you manage to get a room with a view of the strip it'll totally make your stay worthwhile.

Across the road from the bellagio and next to the paris your in the middle of it all, it has 2 pools, but only one can be used the other you have to buy the beds, so no riff raff there then.

The miracle mile shops are great, and very nicely decorated, bars and shops and lots of places to eat.

The rooms are are little on the small side but each one has a movie theme, very clean and a big bathroom is always handy.

Only problem i found was trying to ring downstairs, the hotel is very busy so its quicker to just pop down if you need anything.

pf changs is located in the hotel but on the strip, you can sit down and eat while gazing at the bellagio, they do a cheap lunchtime menu between 12 and 4.

Would definately stay here again.
Fitnessguru729 Fitnessg…
Land of the Stars! Aug 24, 2011
I stayed at the Planet Hollywood Resort in Las Vegas for my friends Wedding. The Value of the room was decent at about $180 for a mini suite room with two queen size beds and a living room area but the room was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable! We were in a rush to book our room because we thought our friend had a room booked for us but he didn't! lol! Anyways, the bathroom was also great size and the service in PH was excellent and fast. I recommend PH for any type of bachelor party groups and let me know if you need a last minute room in Vegas! I have connections and can help you out! Good luck and win some mula!
bondie bondie
Great location, great value, great standard Nov 05, 2011
After staying 2 nights at Caesars Palace with a friend I asked around to see what deal I could get and Planet Hollywood gave me a great midweek rate explaining that the downside to the room was that it had no view, this was no issue as the whole of Vegas was on the doorstep of the hotel so why sit in your room and look at it! The casino and restaurants not to mention the shops were all very attractive but not over powering.

My only small issue was that the pool area felt as if it was completely separate and the staff there weren't too friendly.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Vegas
meikie meikie
Great location, beautiful hotel Dec 19, 2011
We stayed here for a week and I have to say, this hotel got everything what you need. From the shopping center to the casino to the food places, it was all really good. We got an upgraded room (panorama view) as we used the 20 dollar trick rule. This room had a huge bath, 2 televisions, a bar, movie memorbilia and a lot of space, which was perfect for 4 guys.
amoria01 amoria01
Okay May 15, 2011
The location of this hotel is FANTASTIC. Restaurants in the hotel are not very good, my favorite was the Earl of Sandwich. Room was very spacious and we had the cheapest room they had to offer! I would recommend this hotel.
MrBean7 MrBean7
Great location and affordable price Apr 17, 2011
You cant beat the location: right in the middle of the strip, everything is within short walk. Rooms are nice, but not too amazing. Casino is pretty big, and a mile of shops sure makes an interesting thing to do in the afternoon. Among other hotels in that area PH is one of the cheapest ones, and is definitely a good hotel to stay at.
austin37335 austin37…
Room with a view Sep 23, 2010
We checked in to the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino at 11pm, but our UK body clocks were 8 hours ahead so we were pretty well dead beat. After a series of long and sleepless flights from Liverpool via London Heathrow and Chicago O’Hare the last thing we needed was an exceptionally long queue at the check in desk - which is exactly what we got. However, after a tedious 30 minute wait we had our room key and we were on our way to our room. This was the one and only gripe we had with the hotel.

Our exhaustion was temporarily forgotten when we reached the room. We had booked a Hollywood Hip room which is the most ‘basic’ of rooms at the hotel. The room was however far from basic. It was generously large, with a big flat panel TV and nice clean, fresh looking decor. All rooms have a movie theme and ours was an ‘Officer and a Gentleman’ featuring clothing and props that had featured in the movie as well as framed stills on the walls.

The best bit however was the view. We had requested a Strip view and we were far from disappointed as the view was tremendous, especially at night. We were directly opposite the Bellagio Fountains and next to Paris Hotel with a tremendous view of the Eiffel Tower right out of our window.

The hotel is located perfectly in the South Central area of the strip and there is action in either direction from the front. There are plenty of restaurants readily accessible but our regular choice for breakfast was ‘Cheeseburger’ which does a mean breakfast and is situated in the Miracle Mile shopping mall which encircles the hotel. We didn’t get to eat at the hotel in the evening so I can’t comment on the quality of the in house restaurants for more formal dining, but the ‘Strip House’ steak restaurant looked appealing.

As with many of the hotels on the Strip they cunningly filter you through the casino wherever you need to go. Need the restrooms? They’ll be just through the casino. Starbucks? Just through the get the idea!

In summary we were very pleased with the hotel considering what we paid. As the Strip resorts all try to compete with each other the standards inevitably rise and a basic room at any of the big hotels in Vegas is like a premium room in any other place. We didn’t truly put their service levels to the test as we used the hotel merely as a base, but the staff seemed friendly and helpful enough.
Planet Hollywood exterior
Planet Hollywood Resort
The view from our room window
The Officer and a Gentleman themed…
austin37335 says:
Me too!
Posted on: Aug 26, 2011
sarahthevegasbride says:
love vegas!
Posted on: Aug 26, 2011
ola3rd ola3rd
Jan 03, 2010
I highly recommend planet hollywood for the price; it was a pretty good deal for an above average resort in vegas [kinda hard to come by]. Nice comfortable beds + good amount of space in the bathrooms. One thing I did find weird; no fridges and no microwaves... kinda made it difficult for food preparation. Also, the room was ridiculously dark [not enough lamps] Aside from that; its located perfectly right on the strip, the nightclub Prive is inside the resort, the staff was nice..... what more could you ask for???
ktee036 ktee036
Clean, Fun, Great Location & Ok Service: It's Vegas Nov 16, 2010
Traveling to Las Vegas more times that I can count teaches me new things every time. This trip was for a Bachelorette Party; I know we could have been a bit more adventurous.

What to say about the Hotel it is really nice, not the best in Vegas but you get a good value for your money. The hotel goers are 20-40 years old and in Vegas to have a great time. Not Much of a business hotel or family place to stay, great for people who what to let loose:

Booked a suite for the week of the Bar & Night Club Show, so the hotel was pretty busy. Waited about 30 mins to check in…..a bit long in my eyes. They should staff a bit better during the peak times. After waiting, we found out they had oversold the suite that we booked, and wanted to down grade us into a regular room. That should have never been a suggestion to us. So they said they were going to give us a great suite on one of the top floors, That sounded great. We took that room and went up.

ROOM #1:

OLD RUN DOWN, does not even look like it should be in a hotel in Vegas…..stains in carpet. The room next door had what sounded like 3-4 different dogs that would not stop barking. WAIT THIS IS A PET FREE HOTEL. Plus - was quite big and lots of rooms and closet spaces.

Poor – Check in, Reservations (they should not over sell a hotel on a busy convention weekend), Bar in the Center of the Casino

After 3 hours and me going down to the front desk many times they found a room for us… and another 20 mins waiting for a bellman to come pick our bags . When asking the front Desk about the dogs in the room next door…their response was there is nothing that they can do about the dogs it was out of their control. I did not understand….NO DOGS that means NO DOGS. I would understand if it was a special service dog then it has the right to be where ever it wants.

ROOM #2:

2 Bed room, 2.5 bath , pool table, Great view of strip, all the room that we need for a great girls trip. But I don’t understand what took so long and why they have DOGS IN A PET FREE HOTEL?

Its Vegas….nothing is really good here, you come to pay $$ to eat a famous chefs resturant. The service is slow, if you have reservations expect to wait an additional 20 mins to be seated. They will also not seat you till your whole party is there.

Overall after we got checked the hotel was good. It is Vegas there is going to be a bit of crazp It is a hotel in Vegas you do not come to the hotels for great service here. If you are looking for a great hotel with Great service check out the Golden Nugget (DOWNTOWN) or the Hooters Hotel, I know you would never expect that.
Vegas Strip
Vegas Sky line
Light show downtown
Nice glasses
loves-vegas loves-ve…
Planet Hollywood Casino Las Vegas xD Mar 19, 2010
Planet Hollywood Was my Hotel in August 2009,We had a special offer (drinks are on us).it wasnt a problame at the service desk to upgrade our room.The rooms are big,View at the strip,Service was verry good.I Can Highly recommend this hotel,the Location is perfect near other famous hotels. I liked this hotel so much maybe i am comming back to stay at this hotel in june 2010 again.
Mom and the limo
the room
the room
the bathroom
tiffybear24 tiffybea…
Jan 11, 2008
Las Vegas is a city where you can ask for anything and it can be done. And if you pay enough money, they'll accomodate you for anything you wish. However, I did not feel this was the case at the Planet Hollywood Hotel where we stayed on this most recent trip to Las Vegas. My friends and I decided to go "all out" and pay for their largest, most expensive suite called the penthouse suite. The room is quite large, including a family room, dining area, wet bar, two separate bedrooms, and three bathrooms. We were located on the 32nd floor of the hotel, and with our expansive windows, we had a wonderful view of the beautiful Bellagio and Paris hotels next to us. We were even able to watch the water shows that occur nightly in the huge pool in front of the Bellagio.

Those were the only good points to report about the hotel. The customer service was excruciatingly terrible, beginning with the staff trying to give us a lesser room than what we had already booked and paid for. As we tried to explain what type of suite we had expected, the supervisor of accomodations was rude, tried to blame us for the error, and tried to tell us that there were no other supervisors for us to speak with. We later found out that he did have a manager above him, with whom we explained our problems. He was the only person to apologize, listen to us, and offer to upgrade us to the accomodations we had paid for. This gentleman was the only saving grace ~ had he not come along, we would have left the hotel and never looked back.

Although the room itself was nice, there are many things that standard rooms in Las Vegas contain that this room did not. There was no coffee maker, we never recieved housekeeping service, we had to argue with the staff to try and find where we could obtain a wine bottle opener, and the bottles of complimentary shampoo and conditioner were smaller than any others I've seen in a long time. Considering how much money we spent on the room (we're talking well over a thousand dollars), we expected much more. The hotel was not even able to afford us a bellhop to assist us with carrying our luggage to and from our room. I don't consider myself a high maintenance person and do not routinely spend this type of money on a penthouse room ~ in fact, I've only done it one other time. However, I've never had such a poor experience and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
jdax57 jdax57
Jul 12, 2007
Well, to start off I wish you the best of luck in getting here to Las Vegas. This is truly sin city and of course this town, never sleeps. There is always something going on downtown at the strip. Daily shows, from magic to comedy shows.

As for places to live, stay away from the are general area surrounding Nellis AFB, during the daytime, crime aroudn this area isn't too bad, however at nighttime, things can go awry. If you are looking for places to stay or live at, look at the neighborhood, bars on windows, bad area. More than likely, it would be best to live in a gated community. However, the draw back you might have to take a longer drive to whereever you are going. I've only been here 4 months, and I've noticed things aroudn the area.

Traffic can be bad on I-15 (can't give you a good time, since it varies). Generally traffic is bad in the spagetti bowl (under construction) the closer you get to teh strip traffic gets worse. People in traffic here a fairly impatient so be prepared to drive more defensively than agressively. You will get cut off, flicked off, and possibly threated in many ways while driving here.

Bills, expect high electric bills in the summer (alone this summer we've hit 116 degrees, and we haven't been in the height of summer), Flash flooding is posible as the ground is extremely dry and compacted, it does a horrible job at draining away. Downtown can get pretty stuffy temperature wise in the summer, local pollution in the strip can be seen miles away. However, all in all this isn't a bad place, there is alot to do, alot of places to see, and it's a hop and a skip to the grand canyon and to LA and the beaches. Summers are 90% sunny with very little rain.

Local water is pretty hard, should consider getting it filtered or purchasing bottled water. I found that using an inline filter, calms the water down a tad. Lotion will be your freind as its pretty dry here, average humidity has been 5-10% so far, will jump heigher during the rainy season Jun-Oct.

Well that about covers the little things i've noted of Vegas so far. If you have any more questions let me know, and I'll try to help ya out.
Purdy Purdy
Jul 07, 2006
We went to see THE BLUE MAN GROUP in the Venetian during our visit to Las Vegas in December 05. The tickets cost around $80 each (which seems about average). I dont think you can pick them up in the cut price booth but check it out - at main strip entrance to Fashion Show Mall or Beside the Big Coke bottle on the Strip! There are 2 shows at a weekend, one during the week and usually Monday night is the dark ( night off) night.

They were excellent extremely funny and involved lots of audience participation!! Plus it gives you and excuse to wander around the Venetian which is an amazing hotel complex!
vances says:
So cool you got to enjoy the Blue Men. I was fortunate to see the original show in Greenwhich Village before it became huge (1992 or 1993???)...but was astonished after seeing it a second tie in Boston in 2005 --- the performance was virtually the same but no less vibrant! We had fond memories every time we were exposed to the multitude of Blue Men ads along the strip.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2006
aptobias aptobias
Feb 13, 2005
When we stayed here in 2005, Planet Hollywood (formerly the Alladin) was showing its age. Despite that, even the regular rooms are huge. Our bathroom had both a shower and a fancy jacuzzi, and it wasn't even the fanciest room on the floor! I'm sure now that it's been rebranded to Planet Hollywood, things could only go up.

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower