Plain of Jars

Phonsavan, Laos

Plain of Jars Phonsavan Reviews

tlenot tlenot
Mystery of the Plain of Jars Dec 12, 2013
I don't know exactly how much it cost as it was my father who paid for the entrance, but I can't imagine it being that expensive. The size varies but the biggest one is quite big. You can pose next to the big one for pictures, and there are actually cameramen nearby to take your picture for a small fee. To me, what is the best part is not seeing the jars but feeling them. To know that some humans a long time ago carve these things. Looking online, they are carve anywhere from 500 BC to 500 AD. Also during the Vietnam War the United States bomb this area quite extensively. You can see some of the craters and some of the jars are destroyed. You can see some of the trenches that soldiers made too. There is also a nearby cave, which I have posted a picture of. I figured you could go online to check out the jars but not sure if you could find picture of the cave. There is a makesift shrine within the cave. Also just letting you know if you are wondering, the cave is not very deep so not like you can explore it. I would recommend checking the Plain of Jars if you are in the city of Phonsavan or in Xiangkhouang Province.
Entrance to the cave next to the P…
Plain of Jars near Phonsavan.
Bomb crater at the Plain of Jars.

Check Phonsavan Hotel Deals