Places to visit in Moscow

Moscow, Russia

Places to visit in Moscow Reviews

nimic nimic
Places to Visit in Moscow Jun 23, 2011
First of all, if you're planning to Visit Moscow, or any other place in Russia, You'll need a russian visa. Make sure you get registered within 3 days of arrival with the authorities (the latest rule being 7 days). Usually the Hotel you're staying will be in-charge of all that.

Bring all your documents with you all the time, as Russian officers can demand a lot if you're caught without any docs.

Okay, back to the topic. You'll definitely have to visit the Red Square (Kremlin, Lenin’s Mausoleum, St. Basil’s Cathedral) . As usual, there are lots of police here, so please don't forget your documents.

Moscow is famous for it's night clubs. So you clubbers out there should visit them. Be aware of the "face control" though.

If you're interested in art, Visit the Tretiakov Gallery . They have lots of Russian history there. Visit the Bolshoi theatre too!

Moscow has amazingly high concentration of impressive public parks for such a large city. Check out the family-fun at Gorky Park, the open-air amphitheatre in the Neskuchniy Gardens or the massive expanse at Ismaylovskiy Park.

And Never Forget to try out the Moscow Metro, LoL
skipper_gary skipper_…
Feb 07, 2008
In March of 2003 I jumped on a plane to Russia. Let me back up a bit. It's not just that easy, at least it wasn't. First you have to do the paperwork, then some more paperwork and get a invitation. No ploblem if you just have some money to pay an agency. Along with the paperwork you have to mail your passport to get the visa stamp. I was uncomfortable about mailing my passport, but I did it anyway.

While I was there I went to Lenin's Tomb, Red Square, Saint Basil's Cathedral, a monument to the Soviet unknown soilders, a monument to the first man in space, an indoor waterpark, the subway and lots more monuments.

The subway is a work of art in itself. Everything I saw was a lot bigger than what I remember on TV. The city itself is huge so don't even thing of not taking some sort of metro. Take lots of pictures and try some blini, Russian pancakes.
Looking on Red Square.
Lenin's Tomb
tvillingmarit says:
Oh I agree with you the metro is a masterpice of art. Does not remember the paper work, send my passport to the embassy, got it back with the visa, and thar was that. I`m from Norway, may bee that is the reason.
Posted on: Feb 19, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Places to visit in Moscow

Sor
Here Me Am. What On Earth Do I Think I Am Doing?!
The flight from Berlin to Moscow Vnukovo was pretty normal and I slept most of it anyway.  It took a while to get through passport control at the Moscow airport though it was pretty cool to see …places in Moscow I visited: Novodevichy Convent and Cemetery - A lovely old convent made up of 4 or 5 buildings…
Is Jumping to Conclusions Better Exercise than Digging for Facts?
On this trip, the most dreaded and frequent photos taken are those known as “jumping photos.” For those of you who are not yet familiar with this wonderful art, I intend to explain. In or…visiting tourist destinations, researched famous places at length, and explored the city of Moscow to no avail. While visiting
Exploring the Kremlin and the Moscow Metro
One sad fact about Moscow was that most of the places I visited did not allow photographs of the interiors or else charged extortionate extra fees in order to do so. And while in some cases I could h…Moscow was that most of the places I visited did not allow photographs of the interiors or else charged…

Check Moscow Hotel Deals