Places to Visit in Penang
Places to Visit in Penang Reviews
Penang Must Sees & Do! Jun 24, 2011
Things that you must see in Penang are -
Heritage Buildings - including the Pinang Peranakan Mansion (The Amazing Race 16 Pit Stop), Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion, Fort Cornwallis
If you're into culture & religion - then Kek Lok SI Temple, Thee Kong Tua (Jade Emperor’s Temple) in Air Itam, Sri Mahamariamman Temple (the oldest Hindu temple in Penang) & Reclining Buddha
Don't forget to visit the Butterfly farm & snake temple too!
Now my favourite part!
The local Food
Here are my top 5 Penang Food not to be missed!
1) Nasi Kandar -Rice served with an unending list of curries and dishes meticulously prepared with fish, chicken, squid, prawns and beef . D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!
2) Rojak -A delicious mix of fresh fruits and vegetables like pineapples, cucumber and water apples with cuttlefish slices
3) Laksa - I can't describe how delicious these noodles are!
4) Hokkien Mee - My Favourite! Yellow noodle cooked in tasty prawn soup . Gotta eat them with lots of BELACAN!
5) Char Koay Teow - This flat, fried white noodle dish has been described
as a taste of heaven
Things to do in Penang?
You gotta try a trishaw ride, take the cable car up the Penang hill and shopping! LOTS OF SHOPPING!
No wonder Penang is called the Pearl of the Orient! ~
3 / 3 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Related Travel Blogs About Places to Visit in Penang
Travel blog so far|
January 03 2007 Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline. I checked my watch…visited by one of these little shits right on the back of my neck (which for the record was covered in mosquito repellent). I look like a spotty mental…
What's With the Food ?|
Penang is known for her food. Locals from Kuala Lumpur will do a 800km return trip on the weekends just to eat there. Is the food really that good or is there something else going on that we do…places to visit in Penang, do go ahead but do it on a weeknight. Some come here for the views…
Penang trip - Day 1|
Due to some personal reasons, which I don’t think need to be mentioned here, my dear friend and travel buddy Anai decided to halt her Malaysia stay and continue her career back home. At the same ti…place-to-visit here in Penang. Again, we took many cool pictures left and right. After Penang…