Places I liked in Fiji

Fiji

Places I liked in Fiji Reviews

josiah22 josiah22
Jan 08, 2008
In the outer Islands (Yasawas and Mamanuca - spelling?) My favorite place was Mana Island (one of the cheapest too). It is more in touch with the locals than the other islands. There are lots of good vibes and exotic places to explore. The Island I liked least but still had a great time was Beachcomber. Its a typical spring break, party place. (Note: it can get a little expensive going from Island to Island bc there is only a couple companys that have a monopoly on it and there is usually just one option of a place to stay on each island. They group together the cost of your meals and bed. I remember them costing in 2006 around 40-90 fiji a day dollars i think) Its fun to stay there one night in the giant 100-bed bungalow but thats all. If your into scuba diving I recommend Nana-nu-ira (north on the mainland) and Bull shark diving somewhere south of Suva (can't remember the name). One of the last places I went was south of Nati called beachhouse. Lots of fun to camp out. nice beach and waterfalls. The Fijian people are some of the nicest and most trustworthy I have ever met. After landing in Nati (Nadi?) I went out to the outer Islands and then took cheap local buses around the mainland. You will want to stay out of the cities as much as possible. Drink some Kava with the locals and enjoy the beauty of that place.
ChocolateDulce says:
great review josiah i am planning my trip to fiji now
Posted on: Jan 19, 2008
TrikyTrayC says:
Kava with the locals was amazing, I concur. :D hehehe!
Posted on: Jan 14, 2008