Place des Vosges

Place des Vosges, Paris, France

Place des Vosges Paris Reviews

Glynnes Glynnes
Square of Symmetry Oct 05, 2010
Located in the 4th Arrondissement (Marais district), Place Royale built by Henry IV in 1609, and is considered to be Paris’ first square. The square of perfect symmetry is made up of 36 houses, with nine (9) houses on side. In 1800 Napoleon changed the name of the square from Place Royale, where duels were fought in the center of the square in the 17th Century and a three day tournament to celebrate the marriage of Louis XIII to Anne of Austria in 1615 to Place des Vosges.

While at the Place des Vosges don’t forget to visit the home where Victor Hugo lived from 1832 to 1848. Maison de Victor Hugo is located at 6 Place des Vosges (Hôtel de Rohan-Guéménée), Paris. The Victor Hugo Museum is open from 10am to 6pm, Tuesday through Sunday and admission is free.

Place des Vosges,

75004 Paris, France

Metro: St Paul or Bastille
Entrance at Rue De Birague
Entrance at Rue De Birague
Glynnes says:
Yes, I visited the Maison de Victor Hugo (Victor Hugo Museum) saw where he composed many famous works including Les Miserables. It was nice to see his pen and ink drawings, books and other mementos from his life. Thanks!
sarahsan says:
I like the Place des Vosges as well. Have also been to the Victor Hugo Museum. Absolutely worth a visit.
Vlindeke says:
Another reason to visit!

Related Travel Blogs About Place des Vosges

t-minus 8 days
So a week and a day to go before I'm on the plane to Paris.  Packing is going okay.  I have the bathroom done and I'm going to attack the monstrosity that is my desk tonight I think.&nbs…Paris, La Sainte Chapelle, Place des   Vosges.  Fifteen minutes on foot to Champs Elysées, Place de la Concorde…
Already, my last day in Paris.
In the morning of 21, my friend and I first went out for breakfast as there was nothing at home, but the left overs of the Lebanese dishes. She suggested me to have a typical breakfast in Paris at a …Paris at a cafe at the places des vosges, her favorite place.  The place was really calm and nice…

Check Paris Hotel Deals