Pizzeria Ristorante Belvedere

unknown - 0521 513 637

Pizzeria Ristorante Belvedere Steenwijk Reviews

pms70 pms70
Affordable and very tasty pizza's with slow service Jul 19, 2008
This restaurant was the location for a dinner two of my good friends took me on unexpectedly. I had been here before years ago and I remembered the food being very good.

When we got to the restaurant it was busy but not full. We found a table underneath the stairs but there was room enough not to hit your head, even for a tall Dutch woman (not me by the way). The table itself was small though and this made it hard to cut the pizza sometimes.

The waitress came to take our drink orders about 20 minutes after we arrived and this was to set the tone for the service the rest of the night. My friends come to this restaurant quite often (probably about once a month) so they know the menu off by heart. I had to look through it a bit longer but settled on the Pizza Carbonara. We had ordered two portions of bread and garlic butter to start off with and when the bread arrived it was one portion only. When the waitress was questioned about this she answered that we could get more if we wanted later and my friend got a bit annoyed and told her that she had ordered two portions so she would like two portions!

Then the drinks arrived (brought by a different waitress) and after that the second portion of bread. The bread was very nice and crusty, real Italian bread. The portion of garlic butter was a bit small in my opinion but tasted good.

Then the pizza's arrived and they were heaven! The best pizza's I have tasted in a long time. I finished the whole pizza and so did my friends. (They also changed the toppings on their pizza's a bit and this was not a problem at all. I have been in restaurants when they go into a discussion over requests like that and I won't like that...)

We had coffee for dessert.

I would go here again as I think the slow service was due to the waitress we had, maybe she will have learnt a bit about speed next time!

Check Steenwijk Hotel Deals