Pizzeria La vecchia Napoli

089 958040

Pizzeria La vecchia Napoli Leuven Reviews

Adrian_Liston Adrian_L…
Best pizza in Belgium Mar 14, 2009
I take back what I was saying about Pizza in Belgium - La vecchia Napoli served up the first truly excellent pizza I have had since moving here. Huge selection of pizzas (nothing else) which all sounded excellent. Around 10 euro or so for a (large) personal pizza.

The place has character too, it looks like a take-away only shop (and does indeed do take-away), but at the back is a narrow spiral staircase with a few tables around. I really like the way people feel comfortable bringing dogs with them into a restaurant - the four people besides us brought up quite a big dog (who was very well behaved and sat underneath the table) and it was no big deal at all.
lamadude says:
I think there's more demand for italian restaurants. You can easily have a couple of dozens of italian restaurants in a town like Leuven, but if you would set up that many greek ones they would go out of business for sure. (Except in Greece of course ;-)
Adrian_Liston says:
Maybe the Italians that came over don't like to cook? It is odd, in Australia we had huge influxes of Greeks and Italians at around the same time, and large numbers of Italians set up restaurants while hardly any Greeks did.
lamadude says:
I agree, La vecchia Napoli is my favourite pizza place as well, the pizza's are huge and delicious :-)
You would kind of expect more good Italian restaurants in Belgium though, since the apr. 300,000 Italians are the biggest group of immigrants in Belgium.

Check Leuven Hotel Deals