Pizzeria La Sierra Thiessen

Pizzeria La Sierra Thiessen - Front sign

Pizzeria La Sierra Thiessen Delicias Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Wonderful pizzas made with Chihuahua cheese! May 30, 2012
One of the things that my homestate Chihuahua is famous for is for cheese. Chihuahua cheese is one of the two most important Mexican cheeses (being the other Oaxaca cheese or "Quesillo"). In our state the cheese is called "Mennonite" cheese because it was created by the Mennonite communities that live here. To me, it's taste is like no other and I usually don't like any cheese that is not Chihuahua cheese!

So when I came back this time, everybody was talking about these new pizza places called "La Sierra" with pizzas made of Chihuahua cheese. I thought the idea was fantastic! Why didn't anybody think about it before?

I told my sister we all should go give it a try. This place is only a "eat-in" place, so they don't take pizzas for delivery. We ordered a pepperoni and a shrimp pizzas, plus lasagna, salad and "papanachos" (potato wedges with nacho cheese, a local invention) and I have to say everything was wonderful. It will be hard for me to come back to the typical Papa John's when I am back in Ruston!! I didn't try the lasagna because I hate lasagna, but everything else was really good, and the prices weren't high at all, with 40 USD was enough for 7 people to eat! :D

So far these pizzas are only in the state of Chihuahua, so if you are ever around here, this is one of the local delicacies that you wanna try! :D You can never eat too much cheese in Chihuahua! :)
Front sign
With my nieces at La Sierra Pizzer…
Salad and pizza
Having a great time and lunch!! :D
Africancrab says: