Pizzeria Da Baffetto

06 686 1617

Pizzeria Da Baffetto Rome Reviews

thakatso thakatso
Eating in Rome Nov 25, 2007
This is THE PLACE that i prefer to eat in Rome for the last 17 years!Perfect italian pizza,great primi,and delicious red wine from lazio territory,Is the great combination.Sometimes you must wait for a table cause a lot of locals in groups of 5-6 persons and tourists from all over the world are waiting too!Ah!Let some space in your stomach to taste the tiramisu dessert before you live that place!Until the next time!
One is never enough!!!
lujiano says:
This place is overrated. After an hour taxi drive and 50 euros in taxi fairs we had to wait for 2 1/2 hours for an okay pizza you could buy frozen at any store in the US. The staff responsible for serving and bussing tables were less than courteous. Actually, our waiter took about five smoke breaks right behind our table. Furthermore, he was constantly throwing the pistachio nut shells he was munching on the whole evening. Not worth the drive and not worth the wait. I would not recommend it.
Posted on: Mar 27, 2011
Eric Eric
Mar 31, 2006
A lot of people claim that this is the best Pizza in Rome, and although it's not bad, I think I'm spoiled by the pizza options here in Berkeley, which are more to my taste. The pizza here is extremely thin-crusted, and most of the toppings are simple and basic. They cook the pizza in a wood-fired oven right in the dining room, so you know your pizza is being made fresh. If you are a fan of traditional pizza, then definitely check this place out.

One minor complaint is that the service is generally poor and the staff can come across as rude. I don't know if it's just because they don't like tourists or if it's because they are so busy, but this is the general impression I got!
Eric says:
Thanks for the recommendations, Paolo! I think I've eaten at Tulipano Nero before, and it was quite good.
Posted on: Apr 05, 2006
Grpablo says:
They are so rude cause probably it is a turistic site: the right place to eat is where italian people goes.
Normally near p.zza navona or castel s. angelo you can find only turistic places (expencive and not so good).
Trastevere is a good place to eat a pizza, for example I like the "Tulipano Nero" in p.zza San Cosimato, and "La Scala", a nice pub-reastaurant in p.zza della scala; both are just near of S. Maria in Trastevere and it's really nice to walk there in the night. But first of all ask to roman people to advise you: everybody sure will help you. ;)
Posted on: Apr 05, 2006
angie says:
Is this the place I got food poisoning?
Posted on: Mar 31, 2006