Pizzaria Paradiso

2003 P Street N.W., Washington, DC, USA

Pizzaria Paradiso Washington Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Excellent Birreria at Dupont Circle Nov 07, 2011
I have been to this place a couple of times on different visits to Washington D.C. Located close to Dupont Circle, it is basically a pizzeria and birreria. I haven't yet tried the pizza there, but the beer is first rate. They have a selection of about a dozen microbrews and handcrafted beers in draft, in addition to a half dozen each of red and white wine selections. They also boast a selection of over 200 bottled beer brands from around the world to sample. They are offered at the correct temperature and proper glassware too. I have noticed on my two visits that the list changes from time to time, so there is always something new to try.

It's not a very large place, although they claim they can seat 80 inside and 20 outside. This may be true if packed to capacity. The inside area is a bit dark, but adds to the ambiance and the decor is pleasant and inviting. The outside deck area is perfect for enjoying a drink in the open air and it is elevated above the street level which is nice for watching people go by. The sun can be rather bright here in the late afternoon, but other than that it's a nice spot to sit and relax with a drink. Unfortunately, it appears they close the outdoor area at sunset.

It is celebrating it's 20th anniversary this year (2011), actually almost to the day I recently visited. This is true of all three DC area locations. The other two are located in Georgetown at 3282 M Street NW, Washington DC, and Old Town at 124 King Street, Alexandria VA. If you are in the mood for a different experience in enjoying some beer then Pizzaria Paradiso is the place to go near Dupont Circle, or try the other locales if you are in those areas. Definitely a place for avid beer lovers. I can highly recommend a visit while in the Nation's Capital.
spocklogic says:
Actually, yes, I believe they use a wood-burning stone oven to cook their pizza with slow rising dough. @Peter - Thanks!
Johnpro says:
I am observant because have the photographer eye :)
My favorite Pizza is any pizza if they kiln with woods and Italian Pizza Bread Dough Base ,miam miam delicious taste :)
spocklogic says:
Thanks for the compliments! Ha Ha Jon, you are observant. I think the forks and knives were there when we sat down. I should try the pizza next time, it is supposedly not your traditional American pizza also, and with many styles - Napoletana, Genovese, Siciliana, etc...

Check Washington Hotel Deals