Behrens' gate 2, Oslo, Norway
+ 47 22 44 40 20

Pizza da Mimmo Oslo Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
A pizza date with Tarzan Dec 08, 2010
Pizza da Mimmo is located in a part of town called Solli, about a 10 minutes walk from the National Theatre. If you don´t care to walk you can catch a bus or a street car. It´s only two stops.

Pizza da Mimmo has served the best pizza for 19 years. The restaurant is authentic and they serve excellent pizza from real pizza ovens. Their pizza is better than some of the pizza I have eaten even in Italy. The atmosphere is fantastic and intimate. It will get a bit warm and you sit cramped, but it is part of the charm. Wine is served in milk glasses, the Italian beer is ice cold and the food is fantastic! Best pizza in Oslo! The menu is on your place mat and consists of 19 different pizza. I also tried their tiramisu – it was heavenly.

I have eaten there several times and the service has always been great. The waiters are all very friendly, helpful and polite.

I ate at Pizza da Mimmo for the first time in 1996. My childhood friend, Helene, invited me out for my birthday. I remember it well because it was the day I thought Helene had gone crazy. We were sitting in the corner of the restaurant and I was facing the wall and could not see what was going on behind me. I saw that Helene was staring at something or someone and suddenly she said that Tarzan was sitting behind me. I was just laughing and said that she could just forget about it and that Johnny Weissmuller died years ago. Helene would not give up and said again ” no, it is the new Tarzan”. At that point I was pretty curious myself, I turned around and looked right at Christopher Lambert. Next to him was Burt Young. I could not believe it, in this little restaurant in Oslo.

Pizza da Mimmo is small in size, but big in pizza. They really serves the best pizza in Oslo. It´s highly recommended. Since they are very popular reservation is esential.
The kitchen