Pizza Holiday

Lermontov Street, Baku, Azerbaijan

Pizza Holiday Baku Reviews

mickeyd302 mickeyd3…
Pizza Holiday Oct 02, 2007
While there is Azeri Pizza (usually found as "Pisa" in a menu), it is usually not that good. The first pizza I had in Azerbaijan was merely flat bread, cheese and some meat. I soon learned that this form pizza was what most of the country considers to be pizza.

I was fortunate that during my first excursion into Baku a friend showed me Pizza Holiday which serves New York style pizza. The restaurant is owned by an American from New York and operated by his Azeri wife. The story is the husband showed his wife how to make New York style pizza and he bought the restaurant to give his wife something to do. Nice guy.

The diner is very clean and several of the workers speak decent English. There are three sets of menus: English; Russia; Azeri. Simply point and the waiter will know what you want. Unfortunately, the diner does not offer bread sticks nor salads at the current time.

PH offers 12 different styles of pizza. So far, my favorite is the Grandmother Pizza. Thus far, it is my favorite pizza joint in Baku.
kristi89 says:
Hello everybody! Pizza Holiday is a Great Place to spend your time in Baku! And most important very cleaned! Very tasty Pizza! I like "Pizza Holiday" pizza (with tomato souce, cheese, bacon and shrimps)
By the way the wife of the owner is Russian!:)
Posted on: Dec 10, 2008
adity_12 says:
Yes, Pizza Hat is still there. I agree Pizza Holiday is great.
Posted on: Dec 13, 2007
flammick says:
Do they still have Pizza Hat (yes, that's not a spelling error!) in town? I just loved the name of that place. Didn't love the pizza, but hey. I used to frequent Pizza Gusto, which was good and reasonably priced. Great review by the way.
Posted on: Oct 04, 2007