Pizza Due

Chicago, Illinois

Pizza Due Chicago Reviews

pinchora pinchora
The original deep dish Pizza Mar 19, 2007
So here I am walking in Chicago and I get hungary. I decide to eat at a deep dish pizza place and see Uno's... no I think I'll pass on that... I can get it in Pittsburgh. I keep walking and see Pizzeria Due which looked little and quaint on the outside and very welcoming.

I go in and have a seat at the bar, I order a personal deep dish pizza and a beer---I ordered that because the beer handle looked like a goose; Ha Ha Ha.

Well, I'm sitting there, all happy because I found a deep dish joint that wasn't Uno (those places are more places than Starbucks in Seattle) and I look at the register and what is bouncing as the screen saver? A slogan for Uno Pizza... apparently this is a to-go pizza shop by Uno's.

The history of it: Pizzeria Uno began in 1943 when Ike Sewell invented the Original Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. The pizza was so popular that to handle the crowds he had to open another place nearby called Pizzeria Due.

But the one thing that I don't like about the pizza is that I feel that it's a little too bland... I went to DiGordano's later in the day (yes 2 deep dish places in one day) and it was more than dough with a pile of toppings loaded up about 2 inches deep. DiGordano's had that, but then it had another layer of crust on the top and more cheese and sauce (I get won over by sauce)!!! And Uno's seems a little doughy?

Check Chicago Hotel Deals